Monday, March 7, 2016

Review: LOUD MAKEUP 15pc Brush Set

Happy start of the week guys! You guys know I've been one for the bare essentials in my brush collection. I don't have a ton of makeup brushes compared to lots of beauty lovers, and I love the brushes I do have. I prefer brushes that I can use for multiple things, it makes life easier, and it makes traveling a million times easier. But, the more makeup I acquire and the more products I discover, I find that some brushes work well with certain products and certain formulas compared to others. I decided that instead of spending an insane amount of money on buying individual brushes, I would be better off purchasing a big set with all the brushes I would need. But, a lot of brush sets are extremely expensive, or I don't find the shapes of the brushes as useful or as comfortable to me as I'd like for the amount of money. I was watching Elanna Pecherle on youtube and in almost every video she uses at least one brush from LOUD MAKEUP, and she always talks about how much she loves them, so I decided to bite the bullet, and invest in a makeup brush set that would give me all the brushes I'll ever need.

These brushes ship from Canada, so shipping to the U.S. is a little more on the pricey side ($10 I believe). They only sell their brushes in a 15pc set, but all of the brushes are really useful and great quality. The set retails for $68, but they are often on sale for $55 (like right now)! You could spend that on a single brush from Bobbi Brown...or you could get this whole set for the same price. Their brushes are vegan and cruelty free (which is part of why I'm in awe about how reasonable the price is for the entire set). The set comes with a neoprene case, and all the brushes are very safely wrapped up and secured in the mail. Brush bristles are synthetic, handles are natural wood and aluminum ferrule. The handles feel very sturdy and high-quality, they are thick and easy to hold and use, but the large handles do make them a little difficult to store in my usual storing mechanism (a small mason jar). The brushes claim to be great for sensitive skin, which was something that drew me to them. Shipping to the U.S. claimed to be 6-10 days, and it came to me about 1/2 a week earlier than the tracking expected it to, which was exciting when I found it on my doorstep!

I've been using these brushes for a long time now to give you guys a really thorough review with my thoughts and a walk-through on this whole set. I'm beyond impressed with the quality of these brushes and couldn't be happier that I decided to invest in this set!



Face Brushes


01 Large Soft Powder Brush // This is a brush I've been using every single day since I received it (can you tell? It's a little dirty). It is super soft and works well for setting my foundation with a translucent powder so that I can layer powder products like blush and bronzer on top without any harsh lines or blending issues.


02 Tapered Soft Powder Brush // This brush is another fluffy face brush that is more tapered at the end. I use this brush for both contouring and bronzing. I use the flat side to bronze my cheekbones and temples, and the tapered end for my hairline, jawline, and the sides of my nose. This brush blends bronzers like a total dream! This is probably my second favorite brush of the entire set.


03 Flat Kabuki Foundation Brush // This is by far my favorite brush of this set. It completely changed the makeup game for me. You guys know that I love my beautyblender. I've tried applying liquid foundations with brushes before, and I've always had issues with application whether it be streakiness, shape of the brush, etc. I tried this brush and I absolutely fell in love. It's dense enough that you can pump your foundation directly onto the brush and it won't soak up the product. It blends products beautifully into the skin, and it doesn't leave any streakiness behind. 


04 Pointed liquid foundation brush // This is the brush I've been using daily to apply my highlighter. I use the flat side of it to apply highlight to my cheekbones, and the pointed end to apply highlighter to the center of my nose and my cupid's bow. It applies and blends beautifully. I know this isn't the purpose of the brush, but that just goes to show how versatile these are!


05 Angled Blush Brush // This brush is extremely soft, and would work extremely well for both blush and contouring, but I used it for something completely different. I use this to set my undereye concealer, and I absolutely love it for this purpose. It's shape allows you to get super close to the lashline, and the fluffiness of the brush doesn't disturb the liquid products. You can use it to swipe off a bake under the eyes, or you can use stamping motions to press in powder products to set the concealer.


06 Tapered Round Highlight & Contour Brush // I use this and 04 pointed liquid foundation brush interchangeably. I actually like the way 04 applies my highlight better, so I don't reach for this one as often. Both are on par quality wise, I just prefer the shape of 04 as my personal preference.


07 Flat Kabuki Bronze & Contour Brush // This is a brush that Elanna Pecherle raves about, she actually just included it in her February favorites video. I don't ever reach for this brush unfortunately. This is a great brush, but I don't contour often, and when I do, I use powder products, and I feel that this brush is suited more for liquid/cream contour products with how dense it is.


08 Kabuki Concealer Brush (left) // This is another brush I don't reach for often, solely for the reason that I highly prefer my beautyblender for blending my concealer. 


Eye Brushes


09 Soft Tapered Blending Brush (right) // I love to dually use this as a blending brush and a crease brush. This brush is a great eye brush, and I've been using it really often.


10 Eyeshadow Shading Brush (left) // This is another brush that I don't reach for as often. It is a little bit long in brush length for the roundness of my eyes, and I don't find it extremely useful for my eye shape. However, I do like this brush for highlighting underneath my brow bone.


11 Classic Eyeshadow Brush (right) // This one has a similar domed shape to it as 10, but it is more short and stout. I absolutely love this brush for placing one color all over my lid, or for packing a pop of color on the center of my lid. The shorter brush length of this one suits my eye shape much better.


12 Pencil Eyeshadow Brush (left) // I was so excited to have this brush added to my collection! I have wanted a pencil brush for so long, and it's just as amazing as I could've dreamed. This is the perfect must-have brush for highlighting the inner corners of your eyes.


13 Eyebrow Duo // This is another one of my favorites of this brush set. One end has a very soft and gentle spooly, and the other end has an angled brush which is meant for filling in your brows. Since I don't fill my brows in with powder, I use this to create faux eyeliner along my lashline using eyeshadow, and I absolutely love it for this purpose.


14 Portable Lip Brush // I will admit to having been uber confused when I first saw this, but now that I understand it, the concept is really cool to me! I haven't gotten a chance to use this brush because I rarely apply lip products using a brush. This is such a great idea especially for traveling because it makes a no-mess situation!


15 Bent Eyeliner Brush (right) // I haven't used this brush yet because I haven't done gel eyeliner in ages, but I can't wait to try this one! The shape of it makes application so easy and hassle-free, which I think is super cool, and I don't have anything like this.


My favorites


The brushes that I reach for every day are the large powder brush (01) the tapered powder brush (02), the flat kabuki brush (03), the pointed liquid foundation brush (04), and several of the eye brushes (09, 11, 12, 13). These are the brushes that I keep in my mason jar for daily use, I keep the less used brushes in the neoprene makeup bag that the brush set came with.

Overall, I can't say enough good things about this makeup brush set. I am not at all affiliated with the brand, and neither is this post, just to clarify. I've just been so content with this brush set that I wanted to share my thoughts and thorough review with you guys, and do a little brush guide since theirs is a tad unclear.

The only complaint I have with this brush set is my wish that this had their corresponding numbers or names on the handles, or that they had a more in-depth brush guide. Their website has a brush guide, but it doesn't include all of the brushes, so it took me some research and matching to find out what each of these brushes was meant for, versus what I've been using them for. Remember that makeup doesn't have rules and you can use anything however you want to, whatever makes you happy and comfortable!

Do you have LOUD MAKEUP brushes? What are your go-to makeup brushes that you always have handy?

No comments:

Post a Comment