Saturday, August 29, 2015

DIY Lip Gloss

I'm not in denial anymore - I can't leave the house with a naked lip. Whether it's gloss, lipstick, lip crayon, or stain, there's got to be something on my lips when I leave the house! Now, I'd love to be someone like Deepicam who has 50 types and shades of each lipstick on the counter, but I just can't afford it, nor do I have the space. So, in my case, I improvise...

Directions:

1. What color do you want your lips to be? Today, I wanted a light pink, so I went with a cranberry shade of blush, because when you're mixing the gloss, the color comes across MUCH lighter than you'd expect, so always choose a shade or a few shades darker. Now grab a clear gel like Vaseline or Aquaphor (I swear by Aquaphor).

2. Squeeze a small dab of clear gel on your index finger, however much you'll need to cover your lips.


3. Use a small brush and dig into the powder to loosen it up and make it less compact. 


4. Once you have a decent amount of loose powder, use your other index finger to collect this powder.


5. Rub your two index fingers together, mixing the colored powder with the clear gel. Continue to grab loose powder and mix with the gel until you are content with the shade of gloss created. Mine turned out a nice rose color! You can see what I mean about how the actual gloss color is much lighter than the shade of blush I used.


6. Apply to lips for color, moisturizer, and shimmer!


I love doing this DIY gloss because many glosses and lipsticks dry my lips out, but using Aquaphor, my lips are moisturized and hydrated. It's also cheap, using products I already have in my drawer at home!

Are you going to try your own DIY gloss? What shade are you going to put on? I'd love to see your results! 

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment