Monday, October 24, 2016

October Ipsy WITH MY MOM!

Hey guys! I hope you had a lovely weekend, happy Monday (that's an oxymoron I'm pretty sure). Today I am extra excited about this post because not only am I sharing with you guys my October Ipsy bag, but I also have a video sharing my mom's Ipsy bag of this month with me! We had so much fun filming our first ever video together, so thanks to my momma for being such a great sport :) I know how awkward it can be at first to sit there and talk to a lens, but it means the world to me that you were willing to give it a try. We were both super excited to open up our bags this month, and Ipsy, as always, didn't disappoint! Make sure to check out our video and leave some love for my mom in the comments section <3


This month's bag was a collaboration with Valfre, an amazing artist who says that a "valfre girl is a girl who is not afraid of self expression", and what better way to express yourself than through makeup?

The bag has a bunch of cute Halloween themed items on the front, and an adorable little ghost zipper (that my mom and I didn't even notice until halfway through the video, hehe).

The theme of this month was Black Magic. Ipsy said that October is all about magic, so they wanted to give us the ingredients for bewitching looks! Such a cute theme.





TheBalm Hot Mama! // One of the products I received was an itty bitty sample size of Hot Mama blush from the Balm. I absolutely love the Balm products, but this blush in particular isn't really my style. It seems very springy to me; it's a peachy pink with a lot of gold shimmer to it, it honestly looks like a NARS Orgasm dupe! The blush itself is really pretty and the Balm makes one of my top five blush formulas, but I probably won't be reaching for this sample much to be honest. The pan is so small that it's almost hard to get the brush into. But, I think it's great that Ipsy has the Balm in their bags, and I know it's a good product, just not really my personal jam, and that's ok!

Pur-Lisse Daily Lip Nourish // I was super excited to give this daily lip nourisher a sniff because it has mango and shea butter in it! It smells like a natural mango and gives the lips tons of lasting hydration. A little bit goes a long way, which will make my sample last awhile too. I'm already loving this one! And if you're sensitive to products like this, I wouldn't worry about it because my lips are very reactive to new lip products (curse them) and they loved this one.

INSPR Brow Powder Duo // This was by far my favorite of this month's bag. Never have I ever tried a brow powder before and man I don't know where I've been! The information on Ipsy's website suggests using the light shade to feather in the start of your brows, mixing the shades for the center, and using the deep shade for the tail. I love that it's so easy to do, looks extremely natural, and you can really get an intense brow if you want, or you can keep it nice and natural too. I am totally in love with this product!

Noyah Natural Lipstick 'Currant News' // First off, this is the tiniest and cutest little lipstick I've ever seen. And the shade? Absolutely stunning. It's the most beautiful deep berry shade with a creamy finish and super comfortable wear. It's definitely not transfer proof, but it doesn't feather outside the lip lines or onto the teeth, and it's lasting power is truly impressive for a creamy formula. Loving this!

Ciate Fierce Flicks Eyeliner // You guys know I love me some liquid liner. I've been stuck on my Kat Von D Tattoo Liner for ages (I really don't know how I haven't run out yet), so I was feeling a little stubborn about trying this one. But, I am definitely impressed! I didn't think I would enjoy the felt marker tip applicator but it is a very fine tip that makes getting a wing really easy, and it is extremely pigmented. I love that it dries truly matte, and there is no smearing or smudging with this guy. My only complaint? Once dry, I feel like it isn't truly BLACK, it has that charcoal gray feel to it like many eyeliners, it's hard to find a liquid one that is extremely black believe it or not. But for staying power and pigmentation, this one is still a win in my book.

What did you get in your October Ipsy bag?

1 comment:

  1. I love ipsy bag. please tell me where do you get it? Or how can i get it? does it come with nail polish or without nail polish?

    ReplyDelete