Wednesday, August 3, 2016

BOHO CHIC

Hey guys! I hope you've had a wonderful weekend. Happy first day of August! Today I wanted to share another fashion post with you guys. I've been wanting to do more of these but my inspiration just hasn't been flowing, but I am in love with today's look. Side note: I'm gung-ho ready for fall fashion, counting down already!

The outfit

I really wanted to revolve this whole look around my Aldo OTK boots. Jason may hate these more than tomatoes, but I freaking LOVE these boots. I think they are so flattering on tall gals because they make your legs look even longer and slimmer! And, I love that they are flat because it makes them way more practical for everyday wear. My favorite way to pair them is with jeans, so I put on some Madewell skinnies for this look.

I knew that I wanted the whole look to be pretty neutral (I really haven't been into color lately), so I slipped on a simple cream chiffon double layered tank. I added an army green (my all-time favorite color) knit cocoon cardigan for a little extra warmth and color; it also pairs beautifully with the tan suede of the boots. I took a long satin black ribbon that I had lying around in my craft bin and tied it in a bow around the back of my neck (underneath my hair) to create a DIY choker necklace. I've been really attracted to the choker trend, but the ones that are actually tight just stress me out, so I like to tie my own so that I have control over it's taught-ness. I grabbed my plum Sole Society clutch that you guys have seen a million times because I love plum and army green together, and this clutch is so handy! And, of course, I couldn't forget my DW watch, with a couple gold bangles for some extra snazzyyyy.



       




Chiffon tank: No longer available // Similar
Jeans: Madewell
OTK Boots: Aldo //
Cocoon Cardigan: Mossimo Supply Co.
Bangles: No longer available // Similar

The hair and makeup

For my hair, I braided a 2-inch section on the left side of the head, then wrapped it around to my right side, securing bobby pins in an x formation on both sides to make sure that it stayed in place. I combed down fly-aways at my part with hairspray, and I super-straightened all the hair that wasn't braided.

My makeup was extremely warm in tone because I was playing around with my new ABH Modern Renaissance palette. My eyeshadow was burnt orange, with winged liner and some Ardell lashes. I kept a nude blush and nude lip to really let my eye makeup steal the show, and I love how it turned out!




I hope you guys enjoyed this fashion post. Help me out with some fashion inspiration with some ideas in the comments down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment