Monday, August 29, 2016

EASY ENCHILADAS

Hey guys! I hope you've had a lovely weekend and are having a great start to this week. Today I thought I would post one of my new favorite meals! Jason and I have been absolutely loving this for dinner lately, so much that we're probably going to get sick of it. It's so incredibly easy (which makes my life easier), they're cheap, quick, and not too unhealthy. And my favorite thing about them? There's really no "recipe", it's just something I throw together every time, so you can adjust the ingredients and amounts to your personal liking!

What you'll need: *serves 2*

4 large burrito-size flour tortillas (or corn if you prefer)
1 can refried beans
1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
1/2 white onion chopped
1 bunch cilantro chopped
1 can enchilada sauce
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Taco seasoning
1 bag shredded mexican blend cheese

Making the enchiladas:

1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prep your chicken breasts by putting a little olive or vegetable oil into a square pan. Coat both sides of chicken completely in taco seasoning. Once the oven is preheated, place them in for 30-35 minutes, until cooked through.

2. While your chicken is cooking, prep your enchiladas! Chop 1/2 of a white onion, open your can of refried beans, drain and rinse your can of black beans, and chop cilantro.

3. Lay down a tortilla, spread refried beans down the center as your base. Add a layer of black beans. Add a layer of chopped onion, a light layer of cheese blend, and cilantro. I add hot sauce (tapatio) to mine as well for a little kick. Do this with all 4 of your tortillas.

4. Once your chicken is cooked, shred both breasts and add the desired amount of shredded chicken into each enchilada. Roll up the tortillas to secure their inner goodies.


5. Place all four enchiladas tightly side by side in a square pan. Top with LOTS of enchilada sauce and the rest of the mexican blend cheese (I like cheese okay?)

6. Put your enchiladas back into the 350 degree oven for 10-20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the ends of the enchiladas look brown and crispy.

7. Pull out of the oven, top with chopped cilantro, and enjoy!

*Some of my favorite additions to the enchiladas when I start to get sick of the routine are adding fresh multicolor bell peppers and green chiles to the inside, or adding sour cream and fresh avocado on top after they are cooked*

P.S. I would post a photo of the finished product, but while these enchiladas taste delicious, they don't LOOK picture perfect by any means, they're pretty dang ugly. I repeat, TASTY though ;)

I hope you guys enjoyed this super easy dinner! What is your go-to comfort food dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment