Sunday, December 28, 2014

How To: The Red Lip

     After finding a video that made the struggle of a bold lip easy as pie (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXHLVkb1U8A), I developed an obsession for it...and my lipstick collection is slowly growing. MAC is my brand of choice, it's expensive, but totally worth the splurge, it's long lasting and they have so many colors and finishes to choose from. And if you get the chance to hit the MAC counter at Nordstrom, they're wonderful there (warning: it is extremely dangerous).


My advice is to have a lip pencil for each lipstick color you have, it makes a world of difference. I like matchy-matchy, but you can also get a darker lip pencil to make your lips really stand out.








     Step 1: Start with your natural lip color, and make sure your lips are thoroughly moisturized and exfoliated, this is very important.
   
     Step 2: Pick out your lip liner (I chose "Brick" by MAC), and start to outline your lip, as carefully as possible. Try and be relaxed so that it goes on smoothly.
                
     
     It should look like something this once you've outlined your lips. And believe me, they will NEVER look perfect.

     Step 3: Fill your lips with liner until you have what looks like a small "O" of your natural lip color in the middle:
     Step 4: Choose your lipstick color (I chose "Russian Red" by MAC from their Matte collection, I think this finish stays on the longest). Apply.
     

     Step 5: Using the pointed side of your lipstick, fill in any spots you missed with the lip liner, and make sure you connect the corners of your lips.
     Step 6: Touch up with makeup remover, or concealer on any rough spots you notice. Dress it up and you're good to go!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment