Thursday, March 12, 2015

Banana breakfast cookies

Cookies, of any shape or kind, are tempting. There's something about that rounded, freshly cooked piece of dough just calling your name from the kitchen counter. So, for those cookie cravings, I threw together some healthy ingredients, actually...all healthy ingredients! No butter, sugar, nothing unhealthy at all! It takes about 5 mins of prep (pretty much deciding what you want to throw in your mix), and 15 minutes to cook a batch, and you'll have a few days of delicious breakfast cookies!

What you'll need:

2 RIPE bananas (working with even a slightly unripened banana for this is a nightmare)
1 cup of oatmeal
Anything else you want to add to your mix! The above two are the only essentials.

Extras I added:
1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
1/4-1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp roasted flax seed
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 heaping tbsp creamy peanut butter

Directions:

1. Mash the bananas. If you have a masher, use this, but I'm not that fancy so I used my hands, messy, but it works!

2. Mix in the oatmeal, and whatever other ingredients you choose to use. In my case, I mixed in the coconut, coconut oil, cinnamon, flax seed, and peanut butter.

3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, put a heaping spoonful of dough for each cookie, I did 6 cookies on my first sheet, and 3 cookies on my second sheet. Bake for 14-15 minutes per baking sheet. The cookies will be a little browned around the edges, but delicious and squishy on the inside! The banana won't last super long, so refrigerate for a longer life.



Serve with a cup of tea for the perfect relaxing morning breakfast!

Do you have any healthy recipes you love right now? I'd love to see them in the comments below! Are you going to give these healthy banana breakfast cookies a try? What are you going to put in them? xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment