Sunday, March 1, 2015

My new favorites, and where to get them!

We all know the struggle of those great makeup looks we see on Pinterest, the Red Carpet, and in movies, but when we try them they look like...well, not like they do on celebrities and models. One of those for me was winged eyeliner. I mean, come on, look at this...really? There's no way.


The biggest struggle of winged eyeliner is finding the right one. Knowing how to apply it comes with time and practice, but finding one you love is the hardest part. I've gone through trial and error, and I found the one. My practice included three different types of liquid eyeliner, in every brand under the sun.

The cream liner: this stuff drives me bonkers. Not only do you have this messy cream, but you also have to get the right amount without clumping on a tiny little angled brushed. How...in...the...world. Not for me! Maybe it works for you, and if it does, I'm super impressed, TEACH ME.

The dipping liquid: this stuff works just fine, but it's a little bit of a pain. As it gets old the liquid goes a little wonky, and you have to get the perfect amount on the brush as well as make sure there aren't any little hairs on the end, or they will ruin your whole look. It also has to be the perfect brush, which you may have to struggle through tens of brands before you find the right one. It took me forever to find the one I liked, and then they discontinued it, so I had to move on.

The automatic liquid eyeliner: this is it. I would bet if you try it, you won't ever go back. Before I got my box with this in it last week, I never dealt with liquid liner, it was too much time and too much work. But this stuff makes it so much easier. Guess what? No dipping, no messy cream, it just does the work for you...yep. I've been doing winged eyeliner every day since it came in the mail. 

You can go through a few brands till you find the right one, but, I did the work for you. Turns out that this brand, Artistry, is in the top 10 best-selling of beauty and cosmetic brands, and it has been around since the 1950s! If it's survived that long, it must be okay. Here are the basics.

The name: Artistry Signature Eyes automatic liquid eyeliner (mine is in black)

The brush: A perfectly pointed tip that delivers the exact amount of liner you need.

The application: I did these lines with one swipe on my index fingers. As you can see, you can make the line thin and simple, or darker and more dramatic, depending on the look you're going for that day.

There's probably a million different websites where you can get this stuff, but there's one I want to share with you in particular. 


This is Casey and Liliya. Possibly the happiest couple I've ever met, from day 1, till present. They started a life together not too long ago in Oregon, as well as their own little business. Casey is in school for business, graduating this year, and Liliya works as a waitress and a nanny, and went to school for dentistry, she's kind of a beast, they both are. The reason I'm sharing this with you is because of how incredible they are, and because they have a website where you can support them, and find my new favorite product! They have tons of great stuff, from natural household products to beauty products to cookware. They're also super personable, you can e-mail them with any questions and they would love to talk to you one-on-one! Their prices are super reasonable, and they other free shipping for qualifying orders. I'll provide their link where you can contact them, read about them, and shop their store! Please check them out!

Another reason I've been so excited about this post that I've been preparing for a week is because I made my first vlog for you guys! It's nothing professional, it was done on the reverse camera of an iPhone 4, but I walk you through how to do winged eyeliner easily! It's how I learned after watching a million YouTube videos, and I hope you guys get a chance to watch it. Once you get the hang of it, it's a breeze.


 

Here is a simple look like the one I put in my video.

 
And here is a really dramatic winged eye!

I did the tutorial based on how I like to do my winged eyeliner, noticeable, but not dramatic. Of course, you can make your look as bold as you want! 

Some tips and tricks for applying the liner: 

-If you have a close-up mirror, USE IT! It makes a huge difference to see all the little imperfections.
-If you struggle to stabilize your hand and make a straight line, put some tape from the outer corner of your eyelid diagonally to the outer corner of your eyebrow, it will give you a perfectly straight wing.
-If your hands are stable enough, imagine a line extending from the outer corner of your eye stretching diagonally to the outer corner of your brow, and use this as a guide.
-Wait a few minutes after you apply your liquid liner to curl your lashes or apply mascara, you don't want to mess it up!
-Stretch the outer corner of your eye to help with the spots you need to fill in, and to perfect the very tip of the wing.
-Point your eye downwards while you apply, if you follow the basic shape of your lid you will be good to go!
-Using any kind of liner or brush, try to apply with the brush at a slant, it covers more area and it glides on much better.
-Have a q-tip and eye makeup remover next to you, I guarantee you'll need it!
-Don't expect this to be easy or perfect the first time. I do this look really often and some mornings are still a huge struggle.

One last thing, another product I've fallen in love with this past week. Another win from Artistry, which you can also get from Casey and Liliya! It made my skin super soft and clear, and it smells so good.

Artistry Essentials pore cleansing masque

Make sure you cleanse your face before you apply the mask. I made sure I covered my whole face, it'll make you look a little bit Albino if you do this. Wait 5-15 minutes and rinse off with warm water. Finish your routine with toner and lotion. Your skin will be smooth like a baby bottom the next day!

I hope you guys enjoyed this post! I have been itching to share it with you, but I wanted to perfect everything first. I really recommend that eyeliner, and I hope even if not to buy it, you take a look at Casey and Liliya's site, I promise it'll be worth the visit :) If you do get a chance to watch my vlog, I would love to hear any positive or negative thoughts you have, and if you'd like to see more or not! Do you guys have any great makeup secrets you can share with me? I would love to hear them! xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Ok. I am going to try this....which is way out there for me. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried their lip gloss. It is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't, but Lil told me about it! That is next on my list :)

      Delete
  3. Casey and I loved the video! And the blog post! Nicely worded and great pictures! Can't wait to see more videos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the support Amber, I am enjoying your blog/vlog. I think you have a knack for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no problem, Casey! Thank you so much, it's been a really fun new hobby :)

      Delete