Friday, September 11, 2015

Flowers in my {new} hair.

My first blog post was after my first drastic hair change.

I went from waist-length to chin-length in minutes, and next thing I knew, I was holding a dense ponytail that was no longer attached to my head. I dangled it in front of me, and it was this weird feeling I couldn't describe...shock is the closest word I can think of. I wasn't sad, and I wasn't happy, I was just...shocked? It felt...weird. My head felt light, my hair wasn't part of me anymore, the hair that had been part of me for years and years. It was almost like a weight was lifted off me - both literally and figuratively. I needed a change, something new and fresh, and I think it started a domino effect of good changes. I needed to start over, start new things, and that very night I decided to start a blog.

I never thought I'd drastically change my hair again, but this month I proved myself wrong. I've never colored it before. "Virgin hair" is what they called it when we walked into the salon (brought mom for moral support obviously). I knew I wanted ombre, my normal color with something caramel-y on the bottom. I'll be honest - it wasn't at all what I'd expected when I left the salon. I'm growing to love it. It still doesn't quite feel like "me", but I'm trying to make it me.

Dandelions are weeds. But lots of people see them as beautiful.






Jeggings: Maurices
Booties: Maurices
Sweater: Forever 21 / Alternative
Necklace: Forever 21
Mini Purse: H&M

Have you ever done a crazy hair transformation? I'd love to see yours!

Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment