Monday, September 14, 2015

Sumtumn?

One of my favorite parts about the gloomy, dark skies, wet concrete, fallen rusty colored leaves, and gusty winds off fall is the edgy fashion. Dark lips, favorite neutrals, - grey, black, white, beige - cozy sweaters, the baggier the better. Even when its weather like we have in Seattle right now (summer + autumn mix = sumtumn?), rainy and dark, but nice and warm, you can do dark fall fashion favorites paired with a skirt or something light and breezy.






Skirt: Ecote (UO) / Alternative
Sweater: Forever 21 / Alternative
Heels: Merona (Target) / Alternative

Dark makeup is one my edgy favorites. Rebel by MAC is a great deep purple, and pairs really well with an even darker Heroine lip liner (other similar options are Currant and Beet liner from MAC). I never spend high dollar on anything, I prefer to shop consignment for all my clothes, and I usually get all my beauty items dirt cheap at the drugstore. MAC is one thing I will splurge on! Lipstick is worth the $15 stick if it stays on, holds color throughout the day, and doesn't dry out your lips (plus, you're getting a ton of use for $15). For this look, I wanted a deep purple lip and matte eyes. I first put on lightly winged black liquid eyeliner, then topped the liner and slightly above it with a deep purple matte. I brushed my lids very lightly with a deep brown matte shadow for a smokey look, and put a light, cream color underneath my eyes and on the outer and inner corners to make the bold colors stand out. For my hair, I pulled up half of it, brushed over the top, twirled the top into a bun, and gave the bottom layers nice loose waves with a spritz of hairspray. I thought this was a perfect way to show off my new ombre!



What are your fall fashion favorites?

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment