Friday, September 25, 2015

Hunter green

Last season up until now, my favorite fall (okay, basically every season) color has been army green. Army green on brunettes, blondes, dark skin, fair skin, paired with blush, paired with burgundy, etc. My favorite piece since last fall has been my H&M army green utility jacket. It's a light jacket and it goes with everything! But...now everyone has one. PNW has trends - they tend to revolve around white converse, black North Face vests, Hunter boots, and army green utility jackets (I'll admit to owning 3/4 of those things). I decided I need a new color obsession this fall.

The newbie - HUNTER GREEN. Oh yeah. Deep green, the kind that makes you think of acres and acres of evergreen forests, the kind that makes you think of Christmas tree shopping and the fresh scent of pine, the kind that makes you think of thistles, pinecones, and winter.

The look

Last week I found a hunter green sweater at H&M and I'm kind of freaking out about it. It's super soft, not super heavy, the sleeves are long enough (that's rare with my orangutan length arms), and I got a size up so it's nice and slouchy. 

These jeans from H&M are awesome because they come in 32 length (WOOHOO - it's the little things in life, like not looking like Urkel from Family Matters in every pair of pants you own) and they're only $19.99! 





Sweater: H&M
Jeans: H&M

The accessories

As you already know about me, I'm totally obsessed with heels. And every girl needs neutrals in her closet. I love the real suede heels from H&M (I might have a few pair...), they are usually pretty spendy, around $60, but they have different colors year round from black to hot pink, depending on the season, and they go on sale every once and awhile, so I've gotten all of mine pretty cheap. These adorable light grey ones are on sale right now, I put the link below! They're true to size, pretty comfortable for heels, and I love the classic pointed toe. They aren't super tall, so they are easy to walk in and practical. A neutral heel like grey, black, or nude, is necessary to have in your closet whether it's for a hot date or a job interview!

I also love the classic black-and-white palette right now, which is why I'm loving this simple clutch! P.S. If you're ever looking for cute clutches - Express is one of my faves for accessories (at sale time of course).

I found this linked gold and black statement necklace on clearance at Old Navy awhile back. I'm not a big spender on jewelry, $10 or less has always been my rule of thumb (I'll be honest, I break stuff and I lose stuff, that's my excuse). A statement necklace was the perfect thing to pair with this sweater!



Heels: H&M
Clutch: H&M
Necklace: Old Navy / Alternative

The hair & makeup

When fall comes around, I love sleek, dark makeup with bold lips. Anything in a deep color like burgundy, berry, or eggplant. I love winged liner and darker shadows (I'll be honest, I need to learn my way around an eye-shadow palette, I always default to winged liner because I don't know how the heck to put eye-shadow on without ending up looking like a glittery mermaid). 

Black winged liner paired with the sleekness of the pointed heels and the black and white clutch. The red lip stood out as a contrast to my green sweater, and was my "pop" of color in my makeup look!

I pulled back a section on each side of my hair and pinned with several criss-crossed bobby pins in the center back of my head.




Lipstick: Salon Rouge by MAC
Liquid Liner: Artistry

What are your fall favorite colors? Do you have any fall fashion faves? It's just around the corner!

What would you like to see from me this coming season? I would absolutely love your input! Recipes, more fashion, a 2015 fall haul, makeup tutorials? My wish is your command ;)

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment