Sunday, September 13, 2015

Hatters gonna hat

With my weird work schedule lately, it's been unfortunate that the only time I have to blog is during the wee hours of the morning. I prepare during the week when I have the time, on those nights I know I should be going to bed because I work all day tomorrow, when the juices start flowing and I can't help but pick up my laptop. There's something amazingly therapeutic about sitting in bed, lights low, no one around but you and your thoughts. As you type, you think about the people who might be reading your words, actually interested in taking the time to read what you have to say, and that is what makes the late nights and late ideas totally worth it.

I've missed doing fashion posts lately, especially because fall is coming up and I'm getting itchy about it. Wool hats, zippered booties, oversized sweaters, cups of tea, movie marathons, hearing the rain outside my window - perfection. PUMPKIN (yes, I'm that girl). Fashion is my favorite during fall, there are so many options for layering, and if you are feeling frumpy, throw on black rain boots, a rain jacket, and a slouchy hat...you're comfortable and adorable.

Inspiration for this look came from a wool hat. You know those huge floppy hats and the beautiful felt and wool ones that H&M, Forever 21, and every other brand has right now? Well, they look absolutely ridiculous on me. After buying a couple and trying to convince myself that I could pull it off (trust me, I couldn't), I sold them and gave up on the hat search, convinced that I am just not a hat girl. One day, I was shopping with a coworker. We were in Old Navy, and she grabbed this super cute floppy hat in burgundy. She put it on and she looked incredible. I asked for it while I was in the fitting room, and, as expected, my self confidence was totally shot down. "I can't pull off any hats" was basically what I felt. Then, we walked into Forever 21 (usually not my jam, I'm an H&M girl hands down). I saw this grey felt hat, with a little brown belt around it, and a little brim, not too floppy, not too small. I grabbed it saying it was the last time I'd try. I put it on with a sweater in the fitting room and fell in love. I can be a hat girl {especially with this new rockin' ombre}!





Jeans: H&M / Alternative
Blouse: Zara / Alternative
Hat: Forever 21
Purse: H&M



Another thing that inspired this look was these amazing Dolce Vita heels! They're a beautiful midnight green, with metal accents on the heel and the pointed toe. I don't have nearly as many heels as I used to, since I sold a lot after cutting down my shopping by a million, but the ones I do have I am in love with. These DV babies are gorgeous. What kind of heels do you like? Here is how to sum up my love for heels...;)


Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment