Thursday, June 9, 2016

BEST OF THE BEST: TOP 5 FOUNDATIONS

Hey guys! I hope you're having a lovely week. And to those in finals right now - may the force be with you. I just realized the other day that it had been too long since I'd done another "Best of the Best" posts, which, if you're new to the blog, is where I talk about my top fives from a beauty category, I'll link some of the previous ones down below in case you missed them.

Previous Best of the Best - Top 5's:

When I did my last one - primers - I asked you guys what you wanted to see next, and foundations was the winner. This was a hard category for me because I love so many foundations for so many different reasons, and I tend to reach for B.B. Creams and tinted moisturizers on the daily basis (I'm way too lazy in reality to wake up earlier and try to make myself look nice). But, here are the five that took the cake!


ONE. Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation // This is a foundation you guys are probably getting sick of me talking about. I absolutely love this stuff, especially now that spring and summer and rolling around. It's a good everyday wear foundation because it feels very light on the skin, and it looks like skin because it applies so naturally. It gives a pretty dewy glow, and it's lasting power is awesome. A little goes a very long way with this stuff too, one dropper onto a foundation brush is more than you need for good coverage all over. My only gripe? The shade range stinks! But, this is an awesome foundation for those who like natural coverage and for anyone with dry skin as well.

TWO. Laura Mercier Candleglow Soft Luminous Foundation // Another natural looking foundation - they are what I tend to reach for most often. This looks so natural when applied, it looks like it just melts into your skin. It feels very lightweight, and has a lot of the same features that I love about the Becca one that I mentioned above. I would say that the lasting power on this one isn't quite as good as the Becca foundation, but the shade range is definitely more versatile.

THREE. Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place-Makeup // This is my job-interview, business-school-presentation, going-to-be-taking-photos foundation. It makes your face look absolutely flawless. It is extremely full coverage but it doesn't feel too heavy on the skin. It doesn't cake up or cling to any dry patches, it just looks perfect, and the wear time is insane! I've worn this for 15 hours and it looks exactly the same as the moment I put it on, I don't understand it, it's magical. But, if you do wear this, make sure you take extra steps to cleanse your skin, because it really stays in your pores if you don't do some serious work to get it out. I like to have a steaming shower, then use a cleansing oil or bomb, and then a cleanser following just to make sure everything comes out, otherwise I will get irritated skin the next day.

FOUR. Becca Ultimate Coverage Complexion Creme // This is my second go-to for photographing and events, another really heavy duty full-coverage foundation, a world of difference from the first two I mentioned. I wouldn't say that this one lasts as long as the Estee Lauder Double Wear (granted, I haven't met another foundation that does). The coverage on this is very high, but it feels heavier as well. It also has a very strong paint-like smell because it has twice as much pigment as most foundations do, which is why you can get such amazing coverage with this using such little product. And, it makes your skin look amazing!

FIVE. Nars Velvet Matte Skin Tint // I was torn choosing number five because I have several NARS foundations and I couldn't decided which was my favorite. I decided that the Velvet Matte Skin Tint took the cake because it's what I've reached for most recently. I rarely go for the "matte" look because I often find that mattifying products leave my face looking flat and 1-dimensional. I love this foundation because it really is "velvet matte", so it gives me that matte look without taking away the shape and dimension that my face has. It's super comfortable on the skin, and it has 30 SPF, which is awesome for the spring and summer. You can of course set this with a powder, but it sets itself so well that you really don't even need to! To those very dry skinned folks - moisturize well if you're using this and powdering because it might show off those dry patches just a little more than you'd like. This also has a pretty strong smell, but it fades once it sets, I think it's the SPF, but it smells like margaritas (I love the smell)!

I hope you guys enjoyed the foundation top five! Make sure to comment down below with your favorite foundation and what you want to see next featured in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment