Thursday, June 16, 2016

EMPTIES / PRODUCTS I'VE USED UP

Hey guys! Hope you're having a lovely week. Last time I did an empties post you guys seemed to LOVE it, so I thought I'd come at ya with another one! In all honesty, it takes me forever to accumulate this stuff because I'm terrible at remembering to collect my own trash (probably not a bad problem to have), so sorry I haven't posted one of these in so long. I'll share with you guys each item that I went through, give you a mini review, whether I recommend it, and tell you my thoughts on whether or not I'll be repurchasing.


Up & Up Moisturizing Shea Butter Body Wash // I always buy the Up & Up brand for body washes because they are really inexpensive, and their brand does awesome knock-offs of expensive washes like Dove (which run $6.99 vs. Up & Up >$4). I loved this Shea Butter wash because it felt very gentle and moisturizing, and the smell was nice and faint, nothing too strong. I will definitely be repurchasing this, especially for such a reasonable price!

Up & Up Moisturizing Shave Gel Strawberry Tangerine // This shave gel was good, nothing that knocked my socks off. It smelled nice and it was a good cheap alternative to brands like Skintimate and EOS. I actually really prefer using a hair conditioner instead of a shave gel because it leaves your legs feeling ultra soft, so I will continue to do that instead of repurchasing this guy.

Elizabeth Dehn for One Love Organics Vitamin B Enzyme Cleansing Oil + Makeup Remover // I don't think I've ever been so sad to run out of something before. This stuff was freaking FANTASTIC. I swear by it. But the price tag is just so dang high. This lasted me well over 4 months which makes the price tag much more justifiable. I used one pump, warmed the oil up between my fingers, and it melted my makeup right off. This formula is incredibly gentle on the skin, safe to use around the eyes, and it will get off any pesky eyeliner or mascara, even waterproof. Just rinse with water after and all your makeup is gone! You can also double this up as a cleanser if you like. If you are willing to make a splurge, this is an amazing product that I highly recommend. I won't be repurchasing right now because of it's high price tag, I've substituted with the Clinique Take the Day Off Balm for now, but it's not nearly as good.

Stila One Step Correct Skin Tone Correcting Brightening Serum // I went through a phase the last couple months of just using this as a primer every single day, and in every single video. This stuff is awesome for anyone with dry skin. It feels very hydrating, just like a serum, and for those with uneven skintones, it's a life saver. It has a triple helix inside the container with green, violet, and bisque to color correct your skin. Once you pump it out, all the colors mix together and they brighten your complexion up so much. If I ever went a day without makeup, I still put this on before I left the house because I felt like it gave my skin some brightness and life. I won't be repurchasing this right now because I have other primers in my makeup collection, but for those with dry skin or uneven skin tone, I highly recommend.

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream // Maybe this is cheating since this is a repeat of my last empties, but you'll likely see this in my next empties, and the next one, and the next one, just a heads up. And that's because this facial cream is BOMB. I started using Kiehl's late last year and I fell in love with so many of their products. Their facial cream is so concentrated that you need the smallest pea-sized amount for your entire face to feel super moisturized. These containers last me well over 3 months, it's the best cream I've ever used because it isn't scented, it's gentle on my sensitive skin, and it hydrates so well. I will absolutely be repurchasing, and I highly recommend to anyone with sensitive skin, or any skin type.

Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado // I didn't realize what a life saving product this was until I started acne treatment. My skin was dry as a desert the first couple weeks of it, and even areas that I didn't apply the topical treatment, like under my eyes and on my neck, my skin was flaking and wrinkling from the dryness. My under-eyes were pruney and sensitive, ultra dry, and once I started using this eye treatment religiously, my eyes transformed. They were hydrated again, not nearly as sensitive, and my eyelids weren't flaking. I couldn't believe the difference! For anyone with severely hydrated skin, this stuff is going to be your best friend.

Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder // HOLY GRAIL! If you have the opportunity to splurge and try this stuff, do it. It's the most amazing setting powder I've ever had. It sets the makeup all day long, it isn't dry or cakey, and it finishes your makeup beautifully. The only problem? It's stupidly expensive, which is why I won't be buying it again. But, hint hint, I'll be revealing a drugstore setting powder I've fallen in love with as my replacement for this baby in my June favorites at the end of the month, so keep your eyes out!

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz // I remember how wildly sad I was when I heard the last 'click click' of this brow pencil and no product came out. We all know that ABH is the queen of brow products. The brow wiz is my personal favorite brow pencil formula. It's the perfect mix of creamy and waxy to give you perfect brows. If you have thin brows, you'll love this pencil. But I've actually found myself partial to the newer brow definer from ABH, which has a thicker triangular pencil, that makes it easier to fill in my big bushy brows! Regardless, both of the pencils have the same awesome formula, and great spoolies (although I find that the spooly on the brow definer is much more gentle and soft). 

I hope you guys enjoyed this post! What products have you gone through recently? Have you tried any of these?

No comments:

Post a Comment