Monday, June 27, 2016

5 FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Happy Monday (do those two words ever belong in the same sentence?)! A few months ago I had so much fun doing a video called "5 First Impressions". I got the idea from one of my favorite Youtube channels - RachhLoves. She does 5 first impressions in one video of 5 new full-sized products she's received or purchased. I thought a great way to roll through samples I want to try and to give you guys my thoughts, I could do first impressions on free samples! I really loved doing this last time, so I thought I'd give it another go and see what you guys think. I did part of the samples as drugstore and part high-end so that there is some variety this time around.


FIRST IMPRESSION #1 - Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Liquid Foundation SPF 20 '02 Beige Clair'


I was super excited to give this foundation a try because it has SPF 20, which is so great for the summertime. The sample came in a very small packet, which I likely could've had a few uses out of, but the foundation was so incredibly liquid-y that it just juiced all over and I had to dispose of it after one use. But that one use? Freaking amazing. The foundation gave me awesome coverage, was super light feeling on the skin, and didn't cling to any dry patches or blemishes. It really sunk into my skin which made it look very natural, which I loved the most. It did have a pretty strong SPF kind of smell, if you have a sensitive sniffer, that might be something to note. After a few hours of wear this definitely needed some powdering, but I loved how luminous and natural it looked once I started to sweat through it, it didn't break up or look unflattering whatsoever.

FIRST IMPRESSION #2 - NARS Laguna Bronzer Liquid


This is another product I was stoked to try. I've been so in love with Benefit's Dew the Hoola liquid bronzer lately that I figured this one would take the cake because, hey, it's from NARS. This packet had another case of the runs, so I had to get rid of it after one use, but man oh man was I impressed. This stuff sunk right into my skin with a little blending, it made my skin look warm and like a golden summery goddess. It looks like it has a lot of shimmer when you see the actual liquid, but once applied it gives a beautiful glow that looks natural and beautiful.

FIRST IMPRESSION #3 - Benefit Boi-ing Industrial Strength Concealer '1 Light'


In all honesty, I wasn't very excited to be trying this product out because although it has amazing reviews and I have heard people rave about it, I'm so stuck on my NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer that I just don't care to stray from my precious. And, maybe my preconceived notions clouded my decision, but I really wasn't a fan of the formula of this product. When they say industrial strength, boy do they mean industrial strength. It is a very thick formula, which actually blends out very well with the BeautyBlender, but it creased heavily under my eyes and looked very cakey and made up. And even with all that, it didn't offer nearly as much coverage as my NARS concealer. Don't fix what ain't broken.

FIRST IMPRESSION #4 - Revlon Moon Drops Lipstick '710 Orange Flip'


When I first saw this, I was worried that this color would come across very sheer, and that the lasting power wouldn't impress me. All walls were broken down. This lipstick is amazing! It is so creamy and pigmented, but it feels like a balm on the lips, so it's ultra comfortable. It has a pretty satin sheen to it, and the color is gorgeous for the summer. Even after an hour of wear and completely wiping the lipstick off to head to work, the color still stained my lips heavily orange! I was super impressed, especially for the price. GO REVLON!

                      

So, I'm cheating a little bit here and including two first impressions as one, shh! I've been really loving a pair similar to these, Ardell Clear Lash Adhesive for single lashes with the Revlon Beyond Natural Lashes 91294, so I thought I would try different styles and see what my thoughts would be. The Ardell lash glue I've been using really does keep my lashes on like a boss, but the scent is very strong and almost burns the eyes, and it doesn't have an applicator which has proved extremely difficult for strip lashes. The Revlon lashes I've been using have been perfection, but I thought I would try something a little more full and dramatic, out of my comfort zone. 

First impressions? The Ardell lash glue didn't have a strong scent and didn't burn at all, which I loved. But, the adhesive applies white and takes quite a while to dry clear, at least ten minutes, which I wasn't a huge fan of. Wishing I could have found a happy medium between the two glues! As far as the Revlon lashes go, I loved the style, they were very long and fluttery, and I didn't have to trim them at all. However, I really like the ones I've been using (91294) because they are 3/4 length, much easier to apply, and they look more natural.

I hope you guys enjoyed this bundle of first impressions!

Have you tried any of these products? What products have you tried for the first time recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment