Friday, July 1, 2016

JUNE BEAUTY FAVORITES

HAPPY JULY YALL! I hope you had an incredible month of June. Summer is officially here, July has just started, a fresh start to a new month. And in celebration, my favorite post every month, favorites! I love reading and watching favorites posts because what's better than listening to someone talk about things they love? There is always so much energy and excitement!


As per the usual monthly favorites, we're going to go through haircare, bodycare, skincare, and makeup. And I'd love to hear if non-beauty favorites is something you'd like to see or if it deserves to take a leave of absence for awhile...?



My haircare go-to this month has been the Batiste dry shampoo. I get mine at Target for less than $6 for a large bottle (pictured above) which lasts me well over a month with use at least twice a week. But, my favorite one has been their Coconut & Exotic scent. It's like a tropical island scent, the best way I can describe it is that is smells like you've literally rubbed several coconuts into your scalp. And it works well, guess I should mention that too. I recommend for those with dark hair to spray lightly because if you overdo it, there can be a white-ish or grey cast that is left in your hair, not cute.


There are two items that I've been gawking over this month for bodycare. The first is the One Love Organics Skin Savior Wonder Balm. It's a multi-tasking balm that you can use wherever you like on your body. I actually use it on really dehydrated or irritated lips overnight, like after a day of wearing liquid lipstick that left my lips really desert dry. It contains lots of really good oils and extracts. It is hydrating, comfortable, and smells like a freaking CREAMSICLE. Seriously I've been tempted to taste it a little bit. This would be a great product for dry and cracked heels, or any other areas on the body that need extra love and moisture. And, the product lasts forever because it is an oil, so a little goes a very long way and it makes is so worth the money.

The next thing is a bit random, but I love it so much that I just had to give it a mention. Last time I went to Target for all the things that are just too expensive in the grocery store, like TP, paper towels, cat litter, etc. I stopped by the disposable razors. I always reach for the Soleil disposable women's razors. But, while there I spotted for a dollar less, the women's Up&Up Triple Blade Razors, which included an extra razor, so I grabbed those instead and never again will I go back to Soleil. These disposables have a pivoting head so they move with your body, which means no more pesky knee hairs. And, the handles are lavender scented, so cool!


This is actually Jason's (shhhh). It's the Aveeno Skin Relief Gentle Scent Lotion Soothing Oat & Chamomile. I love scented products, but they often make my skin go crazy. When the bottle for this said "gentle like fragrance-free", I was super skeptical, but I'd run out of my usual moisturizer and needed a little something for my quenched skin, and I fell in love. It smells so nice, a little goes a very long way, and it hydrates. Love it! I'll definitely be buying myself one of these babies when Jason's runs out.




Caudile Lip Conditioner is another product I've been loving for my lips lately. Just like the wonder balm, it is packed full of great ingredients. It smells incredible, and a little goes a very long way. I just pat twice on the center of my lips and blend it out towards the outer corners of my lips. It just looks like a regular clear chapstick, but it does wonders conditioning!

Tarte Park Avenue Princess Waterproof Bronzer has been my daily go-to lately. It gives the skin a warm glow with shimmer, but looks super natural. The packaging is bomb because it is a secure cushioned compact with a mirror, perfect for travel! This has a similar texture to the Tarte blushes in the fact that it is very hard to the touch, and that you have to swirl your finger in the product several times to get a good swatch, but don't be fooled because it is very pigmented when applied to the skin. It is formulated with their amazonian clay, so I will say that is does have that musky, clay scent that just is not pleasant whatsoever.

Covergirl Professional Loose Powder has been my replacement for the Laura Mercier Translucent Powder. As you guys saw in my empties post, I ran out of my Laura Mercier powder and was super sad about it because I loved that stuff. But, it is unreasonably expensive, so I decided to go ahead and try a drugstore powder instead. And I'm so glad I did because a huge 0.7 oz tub of this Covergirl translucent powder is $5! A 0.33 oz travel size of the Laura Mercier powder is $23! There are definitely some downsides to the Covergirl powder, like the packaging is not travel-friendly, and there is a strong scent to the powder, but the product itself is so good! It isn't drying, it keeps under-eyes from creasing and sets the makeup so well. I couldn't be happier with this drugstore gem.


Ofra Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick in Laguna Beach has been my perfect everyday lip color. I've raved about the Ofra liquid lipsticks time and time again because they're my favorite formula out there. They are creamy, not drying, the lasting power is incredible, and their color range is fantastic. I've had this color for ages but never really reached for it compared to my other ones, but I've been loving it this month. It's the perfect mauve-y pink for everyday wear. My favorite way to wear it is with flawless foundation and just mascara on the eyes.

Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor in 625 HD Love Amour has been my choice when I'm not reaching for the Ofra one. This has been my bold go-to. It is the most beautiful orangey-red! This isn't the best formula of liquid lipstick that I've ever tried, but the trick to making it a better formula is to apply a very small amount and work it over your lips, because too much will make it dry and crumbly. Also, while it dries (which takes awhile for this one), try not to eat or drink anything. I love the applicator for this lipstick because it has divots in the side that your lips fit into perfectly, and a more pointed end which makes getting the corners of your mouth really easy. Another thing I love is that layering a balm or a gloss over top to add some shine or keep your lips hydrated doesn't affect the liquid lipstick underneath. It's also a very creamy formula, which I find much more comfortable than a liquid formula. And, these smell like candy! Below is a photo of the Tarte bronzer, and the two liquid lipsticks swatched. 

Left: OFRA 'Laguna Beach'
Middle: Revlon '625 HD Love Amour'
Right: Tarte 'Park Ave Princess'
Revlon Beyond Natural Lashes 91294 have been my newest obsession. I usually hate false lashes, I stink at applying them, I think they're too dramatic and wildly uncomfortable, and I never buy them. But, I decided to go out on a limb for Jason's graduation by choosing some that looked natural and nothing too crazy. I went with these and fell in love with them. They were only about 3/4 length so they were easy to apply, didn't bother the inner corners of my eyes, and they gave me serious length and volume without looking ridiculous. I'll post a photo below of me at Jason's graduation wearing them to give you guys an idea. I've tried other lashes since then and these are just my favorite so far, I haven't like any others even a bit! If you're new to lashes I highly recommend these as a starter.



I hope you guys enjoyed these favorites! What products were you loving in the month of June? What plans do you have for July?

No comments:

Post a Comment