Monday, July 18, 2016

EVERYDAY CASUAL

Hey guys! I hope you had a great weekend and that your Monday was tolerable. ;) Today I'm doing another fashion post, but something ultra casual and wearable for the everyday person. This is a type of look I gravitate to a lot when I don't feel like trying, but I feel like I should put on something other than my yoga pants (this is a rare occasion).

The look

When I'm going for this "everyday casual" look, I like to put on a comfortable pair of jeans, because I need to stay comfortable. The ones I have on here are from the GAP clearance rack, under $15 (WHAT!) and their jeans are super quality. I love that they have a bit of distressing to them, and they're actually long enough for my lanky limbs (I praise you, GAP). I like to reach for a t-shirt that is of looser fit, one that doesn't have a ton of shape, but is still flattering, since I tend to feel restricted in fitted tops. The top I picked for this look is a white American Apparel tee I found consignment with all types of cameras and technology in a grid pattern on the front, with a saying on top "WEAPONS OF MASS CREATION". I think it's super interesting, but simple enough that pattern can be paired with it. Then, I grab a flannel that goes with my color scheme, and tie it around my waist! It's a great casual look and also a back-up if you get chilly.

I always like to carry a crossbody bag because my bag doesn't turn into an endless pit of garbage that way, and I have it attached to my body, which I love. I reach for this B.P bag super often because the cognac color goes with every look! Then, to continue with the casual vibe, I usually reach for a pair of sneakers, tennies, or slip-ons, something that has a bit of style but will keep me ultra comfy. For this look, I went with my Steve Madden quilted slip-ons, which I've been obsessed with for basically the entire past year. Don't judge, they're pretty much amazing and everyone compliments them!



T-shirt: No longer available // Alternative
Jeans: Gap
Flannel: No longer available // Similar
Sneakers: Steve Madden
Bag: No longer available // Similar

The hair and makeup

Usually when I go for this look, I'm totally not in the mood to mess with my disaster for a head of hair, so I pop it up in a high pony, and I spray the root of the ponytail with some texturizing spray or sea salt spray for some extra volume and oomph. If I'm feeling really lazy, I'll put in some dry shampoo prior to putting it up so it looks shiny and clean (even though that's clearly not the case).

When it comes to makeup, one of my favorite neutral looks to go to is the "halo eye". You basically have a dark color all over your lid with a pop of something bright and shimmering directly on the center. So, for this look I used a matte warm brown in my crease to blend and transition, a matte black all over my lid, with a little space in the center for my shimmer shadow, and I used an orangey-brown shimmer shadow popped onto the center of the lid. I put some of the warm brown and matte black on my lower lashline, put black liner in my waterline, and applied my Revlon falsies to make my lashes pop. This makes it look like I put in some serious effort, when in reality this look takes little to no time! Last, I put on a nude lip combo to finish off the look.

BLOOPERS

As always, photos with Jason are never smooth sailing, in a good way :)

Jason: "Stick your butt out a little"
Me: "Like this???"

Sometimes he just won't stop making me laugh!

So loving.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this everyday casual look! What styles do you gravitate towards for everyday looks?

No comments:

Post a Comment