Saturday, July 23, 2016

BEST OF THE BEST: TOP 5 LIP GLOSSES

Happy weekend! I hope you guys are enjoying it. Today I'm doing another category from the "best of the best series". If you guys are new here (1) HI, thanks for stopping by! and (2) this series is basically where I choose my top 5 products from a specific category of makeup. Featured today is lip glosses. I am so excited that glosses are coming back into the makeup world because the right ones can really give your lips that juicy look, and they aren't quite as drying as some other lip products tend to be. Let's talk gloss!



Marc Jacobs Enamored Hi-Shine Lip Lacquer // This is probably my absolute favorite lip gloss formula. It is such a comfortable texture because it has no tackiness, it isn't drying, but it's lasting power is still really great. The color selection is beautiful (especially the nudes). They have a minty scent, but they don't give any weird sensations upon application. They wear beautifully, give lots of shine, a juicy look to the lips, and they don't settle into lip lines whatsoever. My favorite way to wear this one is in the center of my lips with a bright pink lip. It adds brightness and fullness to my lips wearing such a pale color this way.

Marc Jacobs Moonglow
NYX Butter Gloss // This is my most recent purchase, and I honestly can't believe that I have never tried anything from NYX before. I was so beyond impressed with their gloss. It smells nice and faintly of vanilla; it is incredibly comfortable and smooth on the lips. It's so dang affordable ($4.99), and it's just as good if not better than many high-end glosses, I highly recommend! I love that the doe foot applicator on this gloss is very sturdy and doesn't flex too much with application, it allows for exact placement where you actually want the product to go. Basically with good and bad doe foots - it's the difference between and adult and a toddler trying to fill in a coloring book, except when a toddler does it, it's adorable.

NYX Vanilla Cream Pie
Buxom Full-On Lip Cream // Maybe this doesn't call itself a gloss, but I say it's a gloss, so there. I've loved these Buxom creams for a long time. Their shade range is amazing, and the darker shades have some serious pigmentation. These have a minty sensation and almost like a tingling upon application (wouldn't recommend for those with sensitive lips), but whatever this does it seriously plumps up your lips and makes them look extra juicy. It isn't uncomfortable in my personal experience, it's almost cooling, and a little addictive! I love that these give so much shine, but they last a very long time on the lips, probably because of their more tacky formula. This is not one of the glosses you want to wear with your hair down, because you'll end up with a mouthful of hair if the wind is blowing.

Buxom White Russian, Rose Julep,
Peach Daiquiri (left to right)
Bite Beauty Lush Fruit Lip Gloss // Bite Beauty is an awesome brand because they make their ingredients 100% edible - I mean, think of all the lip product we beauty gurus ingest in a day! These are made with lots of fruit extracts, and they seriously smell and taste like a fresh fruit salad, it's incredible. These are the tackiest of my bunch of lip glosses, so hair up if you're wearing these. While that might seem annoying to some, I actually like that for the occasions that I need a longer lasting product. I love the packaging on these as well because they are nice, simple, and sleek with a rubberized lid that makes them easy to twist open. The container lets you see the color of gloss, and it's nice and compact, so it's easy to throw in a purse for on-the-go days. I would also like to mention that I think that these are a pretty sheer formula, so they are great for layering over other lip products as well.

Bite Beauty Rambutan,
Currant (left to right)
NARS Lip Gloss // This is another favorite of mine (what am I saying, they all are). This is probably my most used lip gloss of the bunch, mostly because of the shade, Chelsea Girls, the absolute perfect natural everyday lip color. These glosses are extremely smooth and comfortable, no tackiness whatsoever, and no scent. The packaging is great because it's nice and slim, with the classic NARS matte black lid. My only complaint? If you're wearing this for a long period of time, it will start to settle into the lip lines a tad, but nothing major.

NARS Chelsea Girls
Those are my top 5 glosses! Below are swatches of all the gloss formulas mentioned and the shades that I own of those formulas.


Do you like glosses? What are you favorites?

2 comments:

  1. Great share on makeup products and I must say the colors you have posted are all just super amazing. Great work and great share. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reviews on the lip glosses. I have been using gloss of nyx and haven't used marc jacob and others yet, but will soon give them a try!

    ReplyDelete