Sunday, July 17, 2016

TWO INFLUENSTER UNBOXINGS | OLE HENRIKSEN, ZZZQUIL

Happy weekend! I hope you all had a lovely week. Today's post is TWO (I know, crazy right?!) unboxings of Influenster boxes I've recently received. In case you guys don't know about Influenster, I will go ahead and link it here in case you would like to check it out. It's basically a place for influencers to share reviews. Even if you aren't a social influencer, it's a great place to find reviews on everything from skincare to beauty products to movies to food, everything under the sun! People post reviews, photos, and their experiences on over 1 million products that are on the website. And, if you hit the requirements for a box, you might qualify to receive free items to try and review!

I was lucky enough to qualify for TWO boxes right around the same time this past month. One was the Ole Henriksen skincare box - which I was super stoked about because Ole Henriksen is NOT a cheap brand, nothing I would ever try myself because they're just too darn expensive. The second box was Zzzquil sleep aid. I decided to combine these boxes into the same review / video since they arrived on the same exact day. Keep in mind that these are just unboxings - reviews will come later on when I've had a chance to try them out!


OLE HENRIKSEN

The box itself was really nice and sturdy, a very bright orangey yellow shade, with fruits and honeycomb on the box, it was so pretty (and comforting to know everything would arrive safe and sound).


Opening it up, I honestly wasn't sure if we were getting to try one product from the line mentioned in the campaign, or what. To my surprise, I opened the box and found 4 items inside! The top lid quotes "I love to empower skin to be the very best it can be. And that's what power bright is all about. -Ole". I love how they are so many bright colors, it all felt very clean, fresh, and summery.


Inside my box was the Sheer Transformation, Power Bright 3-step system, Truth Serum Collagen Booster, and two cleansing sponges. 


The first thing I reached for was the cleansing sponge pack, because they are flatter than a pancake, and I just couldn't wrap my head around it. The directions actually suggest using them to remove your cleanser. The sponge itself feels like a gentle exfoliator, not too rough and not too soft. I can't wait to give these a try!

The power bright is a 3-step process in one night. First is the polishing step, which is a sugar mask that you leave on for about 10 minutes and gently wash off, then pat dry. Second is to brighten using the 25% Vitamin C Concentrate which you apply to dry skin and leave for about 2 minutes and don't wash off. Last step is to glow with a melting cleanser that you apply on top of the concentrate to activate a treatment (supposedly you should expect tingling and warmth), wait about 10 minutes, and remove using a wet cleansing sponge. They suggest a patch test for those with sensitive skin! I like how they have everything laid out very clearly for the user in little pods with directions.

Next in the box is the Truth Serum Collagen Booster, a daily serum to apply prior to moisturizer. This is meant to reduce lines and wrinkles, prevent aging, help with dullness, etc. This smells incredible, a faint scent of citrus. It has a thicker consistency than most serums that I am used to, but I am anxious to try it.

Last is Sheer Transformation, which is an oil-free moisturizer with multi-fruit AHA complex that is meant to reduce uneven skintone and smooth the skin. This contains pea and licorice extract. It doesn't have much of a fragrance at all, and from trying on the back of my hand, it feels like a little will go a very long way.

I was beyond excited to have qualified for this box, and can't wait to try and review these products in the next couple weeks for you guys. I'm really hoping all these glow and anti-dulling claims are true, because after what acne treatment has put my skin through recently, it needs some love!

ZZZQUIL

Do you ever have those nights where you just toss and turn for hours on end no matter what you do? For me, I think my two biggest problems are heat and my brain. Our apartment gets really toasty, and my brain just never stops running some nights. It was worse before Jason came back, but I still have my nights. I just started a new position at work, and that especially has had my head spinning. I overthink things, to say the least.

However, my mom has had a heck of a time sleeping lately, much worse than I, so I will actually be handing this sample off to her to try.

This box was super flimsy and beat up when it got here, but luckily the actual sample inside was safe and sound.


I was a little surprised when I opened this box to find only one dose of the sleeping aid. But, I guess you only need one dose to see if it works for you or intrigues you. It claims to have you asleep in 20 minutes, be non-habit forming (has no acetaminophen), and give you a full 8-9 hours of sleep. Inside the box they also included a $2 off coupon in case you decide to go out and buy it. My mom is excited to try this and has her fingers crossed that all the claims are true!

I hope that you guys enjoyed these unboxings! I'll link all the Influenster information here again in case you didn't catch it above. Make sure to stay tuned for when I review these products in a couple weeks!

If you could try anything for free, what would it be?
*FTC - All products mentioned were sent to me complimentary by Influenster to review. All opinions shared are always truthful and 100% my own! Above Influenster link is a referral link*

No comments:

Post a Comment