Wednesday, July 20, 2016

REVIEW | L'OREAL INFALLIBLE PRO-GLOW

Hey y'all! I hope you guys are having a great start to your week. If you're a follower of beauty on youtube or really any social media, you've probably seen lots of hype and talk about the new L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Glow Foundation. The Pro-Matte has been around for quite awhile now and is raved about and loved by beauty gurus everywhere, so everyone kind of freaked out when they came out with a Pro-Glow very recently. Almost every store you walk into is extremely limited on color selection because it's just getting attacked off the shelves that sell beauty products. I decided that I wanted to see for myself. So, below is a video review with all the facts, and a little bit of my day vlogged as well, but if you guys want to skip that, I'll give you the low-down below as well!


The facts

This foundation is meant to be specific to normal to dry skin types, and has a lot of different claims - one of which is a 24-hour lasting power - I bet that has you doing a double take, right? 

It comes in a 1oz. squeezy tube (which is a little messy considering the consistency of this foundation if you ask me). But, thank you to L'Oreal for putting a seal on the inside so that non of the gals or guys at the drugstore could test shades and snag any product out of my tube! It retails for $12.99 at Rite Aid, and most drugstores. I purchased the shade 202, Creamy Natural. The line carries 12 shades, a lot of which are geared towards lighter and medium skin tones, leaving out the dark range, which is pretty disappointing. Generally, I would go with the lightest shade (I'm basically a ghost), but it looked extremely yellow in tone, so I went one up for more of a neutral undertone.


The back of the tube gives you all of the ingredients, application technique suggestions, and the claims of the foundation. It says that the finish is radiant, wears up to 24 hours, coverage is medium, and texture is air light. It suggests shaking well, and rolling onto the skin for flawless coverage (to me, this signals that a sponge would be the perfect application technique). This also contains 20 SPF!


My experience

If you watch the video, you'll see that my first impression was that this foundation is absolutely air-light. It feels extremely comfortable on the skin, and the consistency is very thin and runny (which does make the squeeze tube quite a mess in my personal experience). Not much product is needed to cover the skin, and it is indeed medium coverage, and buildable. It does have a faint SPF scent as well.

My skin type is generally pretty normal, but my acne medication was just diagnosed too harsh for my sensitive skin, so my dry patches are excessive right now, my skin is peeling heavily in the areas around my chin and mouth, so some extra hydration throughout the day really appealed to me with this foundation. It was definitely very hydrating for my skin, which made it really comfortable, unlike many foundations for my current skin situation. And, it didn't break me out, major success!

The finish of this foundation is definitely radiant as it describes. It gives the skin a truly beautiful glow that even peeks through a powder. The finish is very natural and luminous, the way it applies to the skin really is beautiful. 

I did half of my face with the beauty blender and half with my foundation brush, and found that the beauty blender was much more successful for my skin. The foundation brush side looked a tad streaky and caught on my dry patches, whereas the side with the beauty sponge had a flawless application.

Day 1 Test

As far as my personal wear experience, the first day that I wore this foundation, I was extremely oily by the end of the day, and there was major settling in my smile lines. This day I was very active, in the sun, and in front of a ring light filming several videos for the day. Luckily, the foundation becomes more luminous with wear, it doesn't wear off too much or become patchy the longer you wear. However, considering all this, I would definitely NOT recommend for those with oily skin!

I give day 1 a little slack because, I don't like to judge from just one day, considering conditions do affect foundations. I was outside a lot of the day running around (literally), my apartment was probably well over 90 degrees, so I was literally butt sweating through the whole day, probably not the best conditions for a first impression! So, I went on to day 2 test.

After application (12:26am)
Approx. 9 hours of wear (9:40pm)
Settling in smile lines
Extremely greasy in t-zone
Foundation rubbed off on chin area,
exposed redness and blemishes
Day 2 Test

The second day I tried this foundation, I wore it to work. It is cool inside the building, but I do a large amount of fast walking consistently, and lifting as well, so I do heat up a bit. To my surprise, my foundation held up so much better day 2! My blemishes were poking through and spots were revealed, as well as a bit of creasing around the nose and settling in the smile lines, but for 11 full hours of wear, I was way more blown away than day 1. I think the key is that direct sunlight, heat, and humidity aren't this foundation's friends. To be fair, the back does suggest reapplication every 2 hours (which is just ridiculous). But, for 11 hours with my busy job, huge thumbs up!

I've tried this foundation several days after my first impression video and continue to like it more and more. I think that this foundation will actually wear a lot better in the coming months for fall and winter, when the sun and heat doesn't make natural oils come out even more than usual. When I wear this to work where I am not in direct summer heat and sunlight, my skin looks absolutely flawless at the end of the day! I also want to mention that cream and powder products build so beautifully on top of this foundation. And, powder products stay beautifully in tact throughout wear as well, especially on the cheeks (my bronzer, highlight, and blush were perfection at the end of the day).

After applicaton (2:29pm)
After application (2:29pm)
After full work day (1:26am)
 ~11 hours of wear
Final thoughts

I can't wait to keep trying this foundation out, but I definitely suggest giving it a go for those with dry skin like myself. It didn't cling to my dry flakey areas like many products do, and it actually gave them a little hydration boost, and sun protection!

I also suggest it for those looking to an alternative for higher end luminous foundations like Laura Mercier Candleglow or Becca Aqua Luminous. But, so far? I'm impressed L'Oreal! I wouldn't say it blew me out of the water (I think all the hype had my expectations a little too high), but for $12.99, heck yeah it's good!

Have you guys given this foundation a go? Do you plan on it? What's your favorite drugstore foundation?

No comments:

Post a Comment