Tuesday, July 5, 2016

CASUAL DAYTIME OUTFIT

Hey all! I hope you all had a wonderful and safe 4th of July. I was drinking my cup of coffee this morning and looking over past blog posts. I realized that I have only been doing beauty posts and I haven't done a fashion post in ages! Well, now that Jason is back in town, I have a photographer ;) So, I'm getting back into it! Today I thought I'd ease in with a casual daytime look for the summertime (plus, it's raining today, so if I wore heels I would've sunk).

The outfit

I wanted to revolve this outfit around my Madewell jeans, these are their 'perfect fall jeans' (wrong season, I know, sorry). I love these jeans so much because they're almost like a boyfriend jean that is tailored perfectly to my body. I can never wear boyfriend jeans because by the time they're baggy on my legs, they don't fit my waist either. These jeans are fitted around my waist and bum, but they get looser around the legs, and they aren't full length, so I like to cuff them around my ankles. The wash is a really pretty light blue, super casual looking, and they are the comfiest jeans I own.

Since off-the-shoulder tops are so in right now, I wanted to experiment with a boat neck sweater that I have from last winter, so I just stretched it around my arms to make it an off-the-shoulder. It's a really lightweight material, and a light blush color, so it still looks in season.

Chokers are another trend right now (which I don't own, and I would probably feel like I am suffocating if I did), so I put on my shortest gold necklace from H&M with my top.

I paired this whole look with my suede wedge Toms, I swear by these shoes, and so does my mom. They are incredibly comfortable, even for all-day-long wear. I love that mine are in this taupe color because they go with absolutely everything.

Lastly, I slipped on my trusty Sole Society zipper crossbody bag. Literally every time I wear this I get multiple people complimenting and asking where I got it!


Top: No longer available // Similar
Jeans: Madewell // Similar
Shoes: TOMS
Necklace: No longer available // Similar

The hair and makeup

Since this look by itself is so simple, I wanted to do something funky with my hair. I always do the same thing, either have it down or put it in a bun, so I went out of my comfort zone with some Star Wars inspiration. I parted in the middle and did two small buns on each side of my head, I saw this on Laura Lee's youtube channel and that is what made me want to give it a try, no matter how much Jason made fun of me for them!

For the makeup, I did a very neutral eye using the UD Naked 1 Palette. I put on several coats of the Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Mascara, since I wouldn't wear fake lashes for a casual daytime look personally, but this mascara gives the look of falsies. Then I put on the OFRA Laguna Beach liquid lipstick (from my latest favorites post) with a little Marc Jacobs Moonglow gloss in the center for a bit of shine. This gave me the perfect everyday pink lip! 




BLOOPERS!

Of course, if Jason's behind the camera, there's no way I can keep a straight face. Quotes are all by my camera-man...

"Do the chicken, Amber"

"Give me something to work with here"

"Spank that rock!"

"Never wear these buns again"

I hope you guys enjoyed the long overdue fashion post! What kind of pieces do you go to for everyday looks?

No comments:

Post a Comment