Saturday, February 7, 2015

Fashion Favorites




I'll admit that this past year I had a huge shopping problem. But my New Year's Resolution has taken effect and it's been two months since I've bought clothes. That doesn't mean I can't show off what I got when I had my addiction! Every girl loves their shoes, and I may love a pair of heels (okay, every pair) a little too much, and might have a few too many...

Living in Seattle has given me a little bit of leeway to have fun with fashion. Wearing heels on the street or dressing like someone who just stepped off the runway doesn't even turn a head here. I've finally gotten a chance to experiment with my wardrobe from Pinterest boards to fashion blogs, and put some new stuff together. I thought it would be super fun to share some of my new fashion favorites, but from my personal closet!



Red, Red, and more Red


             

  


Nothing beats a statement heel. And paired with a classic houndstooth print pencil skirt, these heels really pop!
Skirt: H&M
Heels: Dolce Vita 'Odetta'

Metallic Accents




I love pairing these heels with a simple fitted black dress with lace trim, because it is a classy look, but the heels bring out a little edge!
Dress: H&M
Heels: Dolce Vita 'Yani'

This is one of my all-time favorite pair of heels. I love wearing them to job interviews with black slacks and a grey blazer, because they give my outfit a "wow" factor without being loud or unprofessional.
Heels: Nine West 'Matea'

Sparkles and Glitter Everywhere

This clutch is just the right size to fit the small necessities without being bulky, and it adds the perfect pop to a simple outfit. I love pairing it with a white blouse, black pants, and suede nude heels. The blush pink works great with the nude color, and the sparkles and silver chain are the statement piece to the outfit!
Clutch: Express

Leopard Print



These leopard print heels are great with a simple outfit that needs a bold accessory. I love to pair mine with a nude dress that has lots of movement and shape to it!
Dress: H&M
Heels: Nine West 'Cate'


This clutch has two of my favorite trends: metal accents and leopard, can it get better than that? It is nice and small, perfect for a short night out. It looks super cute paired with a basic outfit, or with another bold piece (my favorite is paired with red pumps)!
Clutch: Style & Co.

Ankle Strap Heels


     
The best part about an ankle strap heel is that they are a million times easier to walk in! But, be careful when you buy them because you want to make sure they fit perfectly, so you don't end up with blisters or chafing on your heels or ankles. Ankle strap heels also work best for those who are tall. The thicker the strap, the more it will "cut you off" at the legs, which isn't ideal for those with shorter legs (I'm a lanky one). Finding a perfect pair is hard, but once you do, you'll love them more than any kind of heel! Can you tell from my photos that this is what happened to me?
Heels: Mossimo

Sandal Heels


 


While the sandal heel is more of a summer trend, I think it looks great in the current seasons paired with black slacks (high-waist capri slacks are my new favorite), a nude or white crop top, and a black blazer.
Capri slacks: H&M
Heels: Style & Co.

Gold Jewelry

Pearls have always been my favorite, and paired with some more gold and glam, they really make for a statement piece.
Necklace: H&M

These are larger than the average stud, but I love to wear them with my hair up instead of a dangle earring, because they stand out just as much!
Earrings: H&M

The Cotton-Candy Color Lip

One of my new beauty favorites is a very light pink lip. It looks great with any outfit! The best part about it is that all you need is really simple eyes because the lip is a subtle pop, so it makes for an easy makeup routine!
Lipstick: MAC 'Please Me' - Satin Finish
Lip Liner: MAC 'In Anticipation' - Longwear

Some of my other favorites right now: the long cardigan, the oxford button-up shirt, the floppy hat, two-toned boots, herringbone print, and heeled ankle boots, the midi skirt, and tulle (a tulle skirt is on my to-do sewing list, can't wait)!

As you could tell, most of my heels were Nine West or Dolce Vita (I have a million more of these brands). Nine West is my number one, their service has always been fantastic, and retailmenot.com always has great coupons for them! If you make a user on the Nine West website, they always have deals to share too. Their shipping is fast and they always send the info to track your heels (I count the days till mine arrive). I've never been unhappy with a purchase from Nine West from wallets to heels, and the quality of their stuff is awesome! Dolce Vita is another favorite because of their styles and quality, but their prices are cringe-worthy. I don't usually buy Dolce Vita unless I'm buying a shoe from a past season, or buying them from Amazon. My newest favorites are Sam Edelman and Zara!

I hope you enjoy this glimpse into my closet! I have tons of favorite outfits I wish I could share, but that would mean me posing in front my laptop webcam and terrible quality photos, which is a bummer, but I'm hoping one day I will have some opportunity to have some great professional posts and photos to share! 

I would love to hear your current picks or hear your comments/suggestions on mine! Xoxo lovelies

P.S. Fitz doesn't approve of my blogging and now does whatever it takes to get me off my laptop...which pretty much just consists of being ridiculously adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment