Sunday, February 22, 2015

Perfection, in Pancake Form

I know, fall is over and pumpkin is out. But I'm a pumpkin fiend. Give me anything pumpkin any time of the year and I'll eat it. Jason and I fell in love with Trader Joe's pumpkin pancake mix awhile back, and this year around November I went to stock up on boxes before the season was over and they were all out. I was too late. People snatch those boxes up like crazy. And we can't go a whole year without pumpkin pancakes...so I had to improvise. I looked and looked online for recipes that people raved about, but nothing seemed quite right. Everything called for ginger, so I just found a recipe and omitted it, and they turned out way better than the boxed ones!

What you'll need:

1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
pinch of ground cloves
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp sugar
1 1/4 cup flour
1 cup milk
6 tbsp canned pumpkin puree (I use Libby's)
2 tbsp melted butter
1 large egg
2 tsp baking powder

Directions:

1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.


2. In a separate bowl, whisk milk, melted butter, egg, and pumpkin puree.


3. In small increments, slowly fold pumpkin mixture into dry mixture, whisking as you pour.


4. Using a griddle or a pan, pour desired amount of batter on medium heat. Flip the pancake when you see bubbles coming up throughout the entire pancake (about 3 minutes per side).



5. Top with butter and syrup, and serve!

I served mine with oat nut toast, vanilla yogurt with frozen berries, orange juice, and maple brown sugar sausages. This was at midnight on a study night, Jason and I were having a craving!

I hope that you give this recipe a try and love it too! Do you have any breakfast favorites? xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment