Thursday, March 31, 2016

Two breakfasts in a pinch

Hey beauties! I hope you guys are enjoying and basking in this beautiful weather, knowing the PNW, who knows when it will head out the door! Since I started school this week, I'm pretty convinced that getting up at 6am every morning is slowly causing my death, but nonetheless, I have to find a way to get breakfast in mah belly without waking up earlier (no way that's gonna happen). I used to always be a no-breakfast kind of gal. I could never stomach food in the morning or I was just too dang lazy! With early classes this quarter, I can barely make it through the day if I don't eat something big before I head out the door. So, I thought I would share with you guys two of my go-to breakfasts for those early mornings that are super healthy, super tasty, and super easy!

P.S. Please don't mind my photography skills that likely make these meals extremely unappealing, I promise they are delicious!

1. Healthy scramble


Scrambled eggs are always a great go-to because they are super easy, and you can always throw it in a tupperware and run out the door with it if you're in a big hurry. My go-to scramble is 4 eggs, shredded chicken (for some extra protein), sliced white mushrooms, avocado, spinach (or arugula), pepperjack cheese, and Cholula Jalapeno & Green Pepper hot sauce. I throw everything in the pan at once with a splash of milk. After it's cooked, I throw some extra hot sauce on top (sometimes a little Sriracha too). Honestly, the spicy kick wakes me up! This gives me a huge dose of protein and vegetables, is super healthy, and really gears me up for the day.

2. Poached egg toast


Poached eggs are such an easy AM snack, but putting them on toast with a few extra goodies make them extra yummy. I love making poached eggs in the morning because I can set a timer and finish off my makeup or get dressed while I wait on them. I throw my eggs in for 2-3 minutes, I like the yolk to be really runny so it covers my toast. While the eggs are cooking, I spread a really ripened avocado on top of whole wheat toast. I place two poaches eggs on each piece of toast, and top with fresh basil and tomato slices. This gives me my protein, veggies, and grains in the morning, and I can throw it on a paper plate and eat while I walk to campus if I'm in a rush. It's such a filling and tasty breakfast!

What is your go-to breakfast to get you ready for the day?

No comments:

Post a Comment