Friday, April 1, 2016

March 2016 non-beauty favorites

TGIF GUYS! Hope you're all having a lovely week and soaking up the sun. So, we're officially in April (WHAT), which is just crazy to me. So, I thought this would be the ideal time to talk about the products that I loved all through March! Today is non-beauty favorites, so everything from tv shows to clothes to food. All the items are pictured in one photo at the end of this post!



My favorite movie this month was hands-down Zootopia, Jason and I went to see it on a whim last week, and we were so surprised by how much we totally loved it! For one, we don't like 3D movies ever, we're babies about it actually. We were super bored and so we just went in anyways, with the idea that we wouldn't really love it, but never has a fake animal looked so fuzzy, let me tell ya. The movie sent a great message, had great adult and child humor, and it was overall just really well done, I was super impressed. We both cried once from laughing so hard during the movie, we both totally lost it!


Jason and I have both been totally sucked into this new Syfy show called The Magicians. I couldn't even begin to explain the show, so it's linked above in case you're curious. It's really different from anything I've seen before and the show is really intriguing! It's on every Monday and we usually save it up till we see each other so we can watch the episodes together.


Since I was moving this month and have started classes, I've pretty much been living in my cat hair covered leggings and looking really homeless all the time. BUT, when I do somewhat care about my outside appearance to the world, there is a shirt I have been wearing non-stop from the GAP. It's one of their linen button-downs. I love it because it's super lightweight so it'll work great through summer, but it's also great for fall-winter because it can be layered easily with long sleeves underneath or sweaters on top. I love this olive green shade on my skin tone, and it looks so put together with just ankle jeans and my quilted slip-on sneakers. I was wearing this one in a couple of my videos from last week!


The other fashion related item I've been gravitating towards a lot this month is a really pretty marbled adjustable length necklace from Madewell. I tend to get my necklaces there when they go on sale because their jewelry holds up so well, and they often do 30% extra off clearance prices. I never buy the jewelry full price because it is way too expensive in my opinion. The shade of gold they use is really cool, almost vintage like, and I've always loved the look of it. This one in particular has a neat reddish toned marble as the center focus, and it's just a little somethin somethin to add to a boring outfit and jazz it up! Unfortunately, the necklace is no longer available to my knowledge, so here's something kind of similar on their website just in case.


Do you ever find those songs that you can run to, sing to, shower to, basically just make you feel all jazzed and pepped up? This has been my go-to song this month. Every time I go to listen to music this is the song I play first! Cake by the Ocean by DNCE, who knew Joe Jonas was the lead singer!


When I was working at a restaurant in Seattle I often needed a pep me up before a second shift, so Starbucks was a regular thing for me. Now that I am on my own here, Starbucks is a very rare occasion, but when it was, the new butterscotch latte they offer was my jam earlier this month. Liquid Werther's basically - so delicious.


My favorite snack for the past month has been in the produce section. They are those little pre-packaged baby Sunburst tomatoes, the little yellow ones! Those things are so freaking tasty. Jason can back me up by saying that when I come home with them, they never make it to the fridge because I eat the entire pack immediately! It's an obsession.


This was supposed to be a regular every month - the book I'm currently reading. And I'm sorry to be a pooper, but I'm reading the same thing as I was in my February non-beauty favorites post. I really just haven't had a ton of time to sit down and read more than a chapter a day, but I'm really close to finishing this one, so I promise I'll have a new one for you guys next month!


As you guys know, I moved from Seattle and am currently living without Jason. It's been a really difficult transition so far, and I honestly don't see it getting easier. There are a few little things that have really been my favorites this month because they remind me of him and give me happy memories instead of being sad and lonely. 

Last month we were in Northgate and we spied a photo booth, realizing that we'd never done one together before (in almost 4 years of being together, crazy), so we ran in and got some really sweet photos. I have one copy on my fridge and another in my room, and it just makes me smile!

Another favorite of mine has been an art box piece of decor that I found at TJ Maxx after I moved in. It says "All because two people fell in love" on it, and I put it next to my favorite framed photo of us together. It's a really cute piece of art, and it just fits perfectly. 


Alrighty guys, those were my non-beauty favorites for this month, I hope you enjoyed this post! Be awaiting a beauty favorites post tomorrow!

What were your non-beauty favorites from this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment