Friday, April 8, 2016

Brand Lovin' | BECCA Cosmetics

Hello all! I hope you guys are having a fantabulous day. You know how word programs underline a word if it's misspelled or isn't a real word? Well, fantabulous snuck through, so apparently that's a real word now. Yay 2016, we are really making strides.

Remember that series I started called 'Brandlovin' at the beginning of the year? The one that I always forget to do? Yeah, that one! So, this month I decided I wanted to focus on BECCA Cosmetics, a higher-end brand that I truly adore.


Here is a little bit about BECCA on their website, also a screenshot of their info below (click to enlarge). Their basic idea is to "reveal your natural beauty" instead of covering it up, and I absolutely love that philosophy.


There isn't a product that I have from them that I'm not completely in love with, so I decided not to pick and choose for this post, so you get to see my whole collection!


Becca Backlight Priming Filter 

This is a product that has been ranted and raved about all over youtube. This primer is seriously stunning, and it does things for your skin that are just radiant and beautiful. I'm not sure if it really prolongs the wear of my makeup by much, but it gives me a gorgeous luminosity and dewy look that I've really been into for spring! The formula of this primer is so silky smooth and it just melts right into your skin. The packaging is absolutely stunning with it's frosted glass bottle, and it has a pump, success! It does have a faint scent to it, nothing strong, and it smells almost clean and fresh, I actually enjoy the smell a lot. If you want to see what this looks like on the skin, you can check it out here during a chatty spring makeup tutorial on my youtube channel.



Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation 'Fair'

This is a foundation that I highly recommend for those dewy skin lovers. It gives your skin a luminous finish without the need of an illuminating primer (but together, the radiance is two-fold and just stunning). I love the formula of this foundation because it is quite liquidy and light. It feels like nothing on the skin, and it looks like skin too! I have found that a lot of water based or "serum"/"aqua" foundations don't often last long on my skin, but this one still looks beautiful at the end of a long day. The packaging is a little different - same pretty frosted glass bottle with one exception - instead of a pump you have a dropper, which can be a little messy if you aren't careful. My only beef with this foundation is the shade range that BECCA offers, because you can clearly see that the shade 'Fair' pictured below is much too dark for my skin tone, but luckily blended out it looks very natural and matches me just fine. I just really hope they expand their shade range! If you want to see this one in action, I use it in my last speed-through tutorial over here on my youtube channel. 



Becca Ultimate Coverage Complexion Creme 'Cashmere'

This is one for those full coverage seekers out there. This is some thick shizz. Most foundations contain half the amount of pigment and water that this foundation does. The idea was that this foundation would completely conceal and perfect without looking cakey like a lot of full coverage foundations can tend to do, which I completely agree with! You don't even need one pump of this foundation to cover literally everything. This covers redness, dull spots, blemishes, all of it! And, it doesn't look cakey or built up on the skin. I prefer using this creme with a beauty blender because I think it makes the finish look even less cakey than when applied with a brush, and I like the finish better with this method. This has a very thick and mousse-like texture (you can see in the photo below compared to texture of the aqua luminous photo above). The foundation sets semi quickly, so I suggest doing one portion of your face at a time when applying it. For those sensitive to smell out there - do not reach for this foundation at Sephora because the high amount of pigment gives off a very strong paint-like smell during application. The packaging is much lighter than the products mentioned above because it comes in a silicone-feeling bottle with a pump instead of the heavy frosted glass container, but a heads up, this silicone-textured bottle does attract a lot of fingerprints.



Becca Beach Tint Shimmer Souffle 'Lychee/Opal'

This is a blush that I mentioned during my blush tag video as an everday blush. The formula of this is so easy to work with. I throw this on over a tinted moisturizer and run out the door. It's almost like a gel consistency, and barely dipping your finger into the glass pot you will come out with a ton of pigment payoff, and just dab onto the apples of your cheeks for a nice natural flush! These are mixed with a shimmering skin perfector shade as well, so they also add a bit of a sheen and give some life to your face.


Becca Mineral Blushes 'Flowerchild', 'Wild Honey'

The formula of their blushes are incredible. They are so soft, pigmented, blendable, and the shade range is stunning. I have two shades, 'Flowerchild', which is a gorgeous peachy pink with a little bit of golden shimmer to it, and 'Wild Honey' which is a great neutral. You barely need to tap your brush into the product to get amazing color payoff, so go in with a light hand! But, luckily, if you apply too much product you can easily blend away the excess. Word around the street is that they just released new blushes called "luminizing blushes" which have a lot of sheen to them, and I imagine that they are just as wonderful.


Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed 'Champagne Pop'

Of course I have the infamous 'Champagne Pop'. If I had to live with one highlighter formula for the rest of my life, this would be the one. These are so incredibly pigmented and and easy to work with, they really are like no other highlighter. This shade is a stunning peachy gold champagne, it is very intense, so a little goes a long way. I save this one for special occasions. I really can't say anything bad about their skin perfectors, it's what BECCA is known for, and for a good reason!


Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid 'Moonstone'

This is my favorite highlighter of all time. It is so easy to work with, gives the most beautiful sheen to the skin, and works over powder or liquid without breaking up the product beneath it. My only problem with this product is that the pump releases out way too much product, which is a total waste in my opinion, because a little goes a very long way with this highlighter. My favorite way to apply it is to dab on desired areas and then blend in fully with a beautyblender from there. The formula is very blendable, probably just a tad thicker than the aqua luminous foundation. It blends in like a total dream. The packaging is similar to the complexion creme with the silicone-feeling outer bottle. If you were to pick up one thing from BECCA, this would be my suggestion!



Do you have anything from BECCA Cosmetics? What would you like to see featured in next month's Brand Lovin' post?

No comments:

Post a Comment