Wednesday, April 20, 2016

10 Spring Wardrobe Essentials

Happy hump day guys! I hope you're having a lovely week, enjoying this beautiful sunshine!

Since it's been so springy (it's basically been summer here), I was inspired to show you guys some of the items I've been really drawn to as far as spring trends go. I haven't done a fashion post in ages! For me, spring is that time where lightweight tops and blouses come out, but for the most part I stick in capris and canvas shoes, I don't really break out the shorts or sandals yet (although I may have to at this rate). I thought the best way to go about this would be to show you guys some inspiration for these styles, and how they transfer into my personal closet!


1. Linen Pants

This is a trend that I love purely for comfort. If they fit just right, this style can be so flattering. They are so lightweight and comfortable, and they can be dressed up or down! With tennis and a t-shirt they look ultra casual, but with a white blouse and some sandal pumps they look sophisticated and chic.


2. T-Shirt Dress

Another trend I love because of comfort! Some people really aren't comfortable wearing such a flat shape on their body, which is totally understandable, but I think these dresses can be so flattering depending on the fit or how you wear them. You can find this type of material in an A-line style as well if you want a little more shape to it. I love pairing mine with a pair of black Nikes, it is super casual and comfy! If you can't find one you quite like, don't forget to check the men's t-shirt department for some more options.


3. Girlfriend Jeans

My first question when I saw this was "wtf is a girlfriend jean? didn't we just get over boyfriend jeans?" And yeah, we did, but I like this style way better! Boyfriend jeans just did nothing for my body type. Once they were loose enough everywhere else, they were falling off my waist. Girlfriend jeans are more fitted around the hips and thighs, and then fall loose and straight at the bottom. I find these much more flattering, I don't think my butt is done any justice when it's sagging in boyfriend jeans. I love this style of girlfriend jean with a really high waist and cut just above the ankle in a cuff style and a very light wash. 


4. Colored Denim

This a trend that I only think of come spring. And, if you haven't noticed, I'm not really one for ultra bright colors or standing out when it comes to my wardrobe, I tend to reach for neutral pieces that can be worked through tons of different looks. But, colored denim is a great way to add a little spice to a simple top or natural makeup. My go-to is always olive green because I find it really flattering on my skin tone. Paired with a white linen blouse and some slip-ons, colored denim can look really nice and effortless!


5. Peasant Blouses

This is likely my favorite trend of all of spring currently! I love how lightweight and versatile these tops are, and they come in so many different styles from tanks to long sleeve, opaque to sheer, etc. I love ones with little embroidery accents or lace to add a little flair. This is the perfect go-to top for jeans, colored denim, or linen pants!


6. Scalloped Tanks

This is a trend I find myself reaching for year after year. Scalloped edges add a little something to a plain tank. The two favorites I own are an ASOS scalloped chiffon tank, and a GAP scalloped edge with eyelets blouse. These pair perfectly with jeans!



7. Colorful Bralettes

Let's be honest, we don't always want to wear a bra. Isn't the best feeling of the day taking it off when you get home at night? So, bralettes are a great alternative, and you can always layer a strapless bra underneath for extra support. Colored bralettes are a must-have for spring because you can layer them under shirts that aren't opaque, so they add coverage and a pop of color!

Alternative: H&M Soft-Cup Lace Bra

8. Linen-Blend Tops

This has been my go-to since spring started. These are great versatile pieces because they come in an array of colors, they can be used in spring as a lightweight coat or a button-down, and in fall they can be layered with hoodies or long sleeves for some extra warmth. They are so nice and breezy, and you can wear them so many different ways! They come in lots of styles - with collars and without - I have some of both styles!



9. Colorful Shoes

If you're into neutral clothes like me, sometimes you need a pop of color somewhere, but you don't want it somewhere so obvious like in your makeup or your top. For me, my favorite pop of color is in my shoes! It's a great way to add a little something to your outfit without feeling like people are going to see you from another planet. These shoes are seriously heavenly! They are the perfect spring peachy pink shade, they look amazing with natural makeup, a pair of ankle jeans and a white blouse.


10. Slip-Ons

This is my go-to for everyday wear. If I had to choose one spring essential, this would be the one! I love slip-ons because they are the perfect fall to summer transitions. They are often canvas, so they let your feet breathe when it gets warm out, they go with everything, and they provide comfort!


What are your favorite styles for the spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment