Saturday, April 2, 2016

March 2016 beauty favorites

 

Happy weekend everyone! Today we're continuing with the monthly favorites, and it's beauty favorites this time around. This is definitely my favorite blog post to do, I just love finding a way to gather everything I have been loving and sharing it all with you guys. Let's jump right in because, as per usual, I have a lot to talk about! 



For my hair this month, I've been really enjoying the Marilyn hair treatment from LUSH. This is actually a treatment for blondes with chamomile, which is a natural and safe alternative to bleach. I'm obviously not blonde, but shortly after my LUSH Haul post, my blonde friend raved about this and told me I had to run and get it, and who am I to deny a friend's suggestion?! It really gives my blonde highlights and brunette hair some extra shine and lightness, but my favorite thing about it is the way it makes my hair glow. It makes it look and feel extra healthy, soft, and strong. The only negative? I wish this had a squeezy tube instead of a tub because it is a MESS to scoop out! But, it is a super easy process, apply generously to hair and sit for 20 minutes, then rinse out and wash hair like your normal shower routine.


One of my favorite ways to end a steamy hot shower is by using a cream or lotion on my legs. For Christmas my grandparents got me shea lotion from Bath & Body Works called Sensual Amber. It smells like a floral and perfumey mix almost, and I tend to hate perfumey smells, but there's something about this one that just smells incredible. It's super moisturizing as well.


As you guys know, I have very sensitive skin so I don't tend to add skincare products into my routine very often, and if I do, they are almost always masks. Since the big move, I don't know if stress is a cause of this or what, but I have had terrible acne. It's in places I've never seen it before on my face and it just won't go away. So, even if I can't find products that will make it go away, I'll settle for something that will make my face feel better. My skin has been very irritated, itchy, and just feeling out of the norm. I've been loving using the Mask of Magnaminty from LUSH this month. It's super strong and minty, and I find it very refreshing and it leaves that very clean and cleared out feeling on my skin. It has Aduki beans in the mixture, so I like to massage my face after my mask dries with small amounts of water instead of just removing immediately. This gives my skin some exfoliation.



My first makeup love of this month has been the ALGENIST Reveal Concentrated Color Correcting Drops in Green. This was a deluxe sample size from Sephora, which might I add is a very very deluxe size! I really hated these at first, but I've come to learn how to use them and have since used them every single day. It is a very thin consistency, so using fingers to blend kind of blends away the product, which is what I was doing in the beginning. My preferred method of application is using a concealer brush to both apply and blend the product. With my breakouts, I have had a lot of redness and inflammation in my skin, and this has been great to layer under foundation for a little extra coverage.


The #1 favorite of this month more than anything else is the Sephora Perfection Mist Airbrush Blush in Such a Peach. This is a spray blush that is waterproof. I like to spray the product about 6 inches from a MAC 129 brush and apply onto my cheeks using the brush. You barely need any product to get amazing color payoff, it looks extremely natural, and it lasts on the cheeks for ages!


There's something about pink toned highlighters that really draw me in. This is the Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Powder in Starlight. This is a peach toned highlighter that is unlike anything else I own. Since this is a little bit dark for fair skin, it works very well as a blush topper, but when I bronze my skin up, I can use it as a highlight as well. The formula of this powder is absolute perfection, and the shade is perfect for the springtime!


With the spring and the sunshine, I haven't been wanting to mattify my face with a translucent setting powder like I am so used to doing. Instead of the usual routine, I've been finishing my makeup off with the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders in Ethereal Light and Diffused Light. Keep in mind that these are not setting powders so they are not meant to make your makeup last, but the soft focus look they give your skin is beautiful. Ethereal Light (right) is a white powder that gives the skin the most beautiful looking natural glow and Diffused Light (left) is a yellow based powder which I used to set my under-eyes to brighten the area. The formula of these powders is so finely milled, and the effect they have on the skin never ceases to amaze me!


Obviously the sunshine the last week has had me driven towards spring colors and pretty pinks. This Lancome Shine Lover lipstick in shade 354 has been on my lips every day. It is super comfortable and hydrating, and gives the lips the most natural and healthy amount of color and shine.


I've been using a lot of liquid products and less powders recently to achieve that really natural, luminous and dewy look on my skin. One of the most loved of new-to-me liquid products is the Benefit Dew the Hoola, which is a liquid matte bronzer. This bronzer is amazing! I dot this where I want it and blend out with my fingers, then go over it with a flat kabuki foundation brush just to make sure it's all blended in. It is so easy to work with, and the shade is gorgeous to give your skin a natural looking tan.



I'm sure you guys saw this one coming! The Estee Lauder Double Wear has been on my face almost every single day through March. This foundation is absolutely stunning from minute 1 to the very end of a 12+ hour day. In the photo above, I was wearing this foundation for 6 hours and had spent an hour at the gym with sweat literally dripping off my face while I did the Stairmaster, and do I look oily or like my foundation separated on me? Not a bit, and there isn't an ounce of color change or editing on that photo. Craziness!


I have been really into warm colors lately, and the Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly palette gives me exactly that, with the pop of color for when I need it. I love using the purples in this palette (like the look above with purple on my bottom lashline) because it really accents my hazel eyes! This palette is so compact and easy to store, is super adorable, smells freaking amazing, and the formula hits it on the button just like all Too Faced shadows.


My very last beauty favorite of the month has been this gorgeous baby right here. The formula of the Too Faced Love Flush Blush has been a favorite since they came out, but this color really caught my eye. It's like the perfect Barbie pink, but it has a hint of purple that makes it so unique on the skin (it's swatched in my video). This is the perfect spring blush!


Alrighty guys, those were the beauty products that I have been loving all through the March Madness. I hope you guys had an amazing month, April is now upon us and I hope yours is going to be wonderful!

What were your beauty favorites through the month of March?

No comments:

Post a Comment