Thursday, July 30, 2015

Interview ready

One of the most stressful parts of having an interview for a new job - the actual outfit! I can't even remember how many mornings I've spent throwing clothes all around the room because nothing feels right, looks professional enough, or makes a good enough first impression. When you're going in for an interview, there's already enough pressure to do your best and give all the right answers, but how you dress and how you look is the first thing this person judges when you walk through their office door. How professional are you? Did you take your appearance seriously? Pressure in every aspect of the word, through the next 15 minutes to an hour of someone grilling you with questions.

Confidence is key. Admitting your nervous is okay. Confidence will change your attitude completely. If you don't feel good about yourself, they will know. Like a predator, they sense fear...;)

If you have on a look you feel professional and attractive in, your attitude will boost, you'll walk in a different way, and you'll be overall more confident.

That was my inspiration for this look. A girl who has a job interview, one she is taking very seriously. She wants to look professional, prepared, and intelligent.

The Look






Heels: Merona / Alternative
Slacks: Gap / Alternative
Blouse: Maurices / Alternative

The Makeup



The Hair

The hair in this look was so easy to do! I curled my hair as if I were going to wear it down, with loose beachy-style waves. After doing the bottom and top sections of my hair and letting it flow, I flipped my hair upside down, spraying with hairspray and scrunching the curls up, to give them more volume and texture. I flipped my hair back up, added hairspray lightly all around my hair, and fluffed it all up! After this, I put my hair in a high pony, fluffed that section, and tousled the top of my hair. I think putting hair in a bun or pony for an interview is great because it keeps you from playing with your hair as a nervous tendency, it keeps your hair out of your face so the interviewee can really see you, and it looks sleek and clean.

My personal favorite for curling loose beachy waves is the Conair YOU Curl. I prefer to spend under $30 on hair products because I don't use them often, and this one works great, especially for being so cheap! The best thing about it is how the barrel narrows towards the end, it makes the curls look really natural.

My favorite for prepping and keeping hair in tact without making it crunchy is Paul Mitchell Hold Me Tight. It doesn't have that potent 'hairspray smell' that most do, it's actually a nice light smell! It works really well, and it doesn't make your hair crunchy or stiff. Showering after a day of wearing it doesn't feel like someone solidified your hair for the day!

Do you guys have any good tips for feeling confident and ready for an interview? Any interview-ready outfits that you love? Please share!

Till next time,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment