Monday, July 27, 2015

Mondays

Let's be honest, no one likes Mondays. I was up at 5am for work, after having gone to bed way too late. No matter how much I sleep, though, Mondays always feel miserable. Naps are a necessity. My ideal Monday - a cup of thoughts and a bag of tea ;) Sitting on the couch or the back deck working on picture editing, blog posting, or sitting with a good book is perfection. Something thought-provoking, but relaxing and chill.

Today was that day. After two cups of my teatox tea, I was feeling more energized than most Mondays, and luckily, more creative. Last week I prepared a few fashion blog posts, but my Monday laziness inspired me to capture a different look for today...

The Lounge-y Look

I love this look because these pants are insanely comfy (and only $7), and it looks cute at home or out running errands! The pants are so stretchy and light, you could forget you're wearing pants. Disclaimer about these pants - super comfortable and flowy, but prepare for some butt jiggle, its inevitable, and I'm sorry if that's TMI, but, fair warning. Like every pair of pants, these were just a tad too short on me (most pants make me look like Urkle), so I rolled these ones twice, and I ended up loving the loose capri! I chose a tight fitting undershirt camisole for my top, because it tucked perfectly under the stretchy waistband of the thin jersey pants without causing any awkward "lumpage" that was unflattering. Also, the tight tank is the perfect balance with such a loose bottom.









Cami: Maurices
Pants: H&M
Flip-Flops: Maurices
Mug: Starbucks / Alternative

The Makeup

Since the outfit for this look was so chic and simple, without any glam or anything that really stands out, I wanted the makeup look to be bold. Deep red is my favorite lip color, so that was a must! And as you know if you've read before, I'm a winged eyeliner addict, so any excuse is a good one. I did a really thin, long and wispy wing for this look because it looks so sleek and clean! I did a side swept bun to keep the hair out of my face and show off my back in the simple white cami.



Lipstick: MAC Salon Rouge / Alternative 
Lip Liner: MAC Brick
Earrings: Maurices / Alternative

Do you guys hate Mondays as much as I do? (That's probably a rhetorical question). What are your favorite lazy Monday looks and pieces?

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment