Friday, July 10, 2015

Liquid makeup love

It took me so long to find the best way to use liquid foundation, but once I found all the tips and tricks, I followed with liquid concealer and cheek cream, it became an obsession. It gives a golden glow that is more natural and beautiful than pressed powders and loose powders. After falling in love with some liquid products and finally discovering the secrets to apply them, I want to share with you guys!

What you need:

Liquid foundation in your skin shade
Liquid concealer
Liquid foundation makeup brush
Cream cheek color
Optional: Translucent setting powder

Steps to applying the perfect glow:

1. Start with a fresh, clean, moisturized face, always! An empty canvas :)

2. Grab your foundation and squeeze a dime-sized amount onto the outside of your hand, between your thumb and index finger. I ball my hand into a fist, and use that part of my hand as my liquid foundation palette!



3. Start at the inside of your cheek, near your nose, and brush outward, toward the outside of your cheeks, slowly blending with the liquid foundation brush as you go.




4. Now brush from the outside of your cheeks inward, towards your chin. Brush the extra foundation up your temple, towards your forehead. Do the same with both sides of your face, brushing in between areas like your chin and upper lip, like I do in the video below!




5. Now brush everything that is left! Chin, upper lip, up and down the bridge and sides of your nose, across your forehead, and lightly on your eyelids. Keep blending and brushing until everything looks smooth and natural!


6. Grab your liquid concealer, and dab an itty bitty amount on your hand, just above where your foundation was placed. I like to go a shade lighter on my concealer, but I have zombie under-eyes, so I need to do major highlighting every morning!



7. Dab your liquid makeup brush in the concealer, very small amounts at a time. Start at the inner corner of your eyes and brush across your under-eyes until they look blended, smooth, and highlighted. Don't judge my open mouth too hard, I can't help it when I put this stuff on! Also use the concealer on any dark spots you are self conscious about, as well as any pimples or marks.


8. Grab your cream blush, and dab your finger in the cream lightly 2-3 times. Dot the cream on the apple of your cheeks and lightly rub in circles on the apples of your cheeks, and up towards your temples, smiling makes the color look like it is placed more naturally!

Mary Kay Cream Blush in Cranberry


9. If you have oily skin or think you'll be sweating some makeup off during the day, it's great to use a translucent, loose setting powder. It looks white, but it goes on perfectly clear, and makes the glow of the liquid foundation more subtle. It especially helps if you have a shiny forehead!



Here are my before and after pictures, makeup-less and makeup ready, using the steps above verbatim!




Slap on some mineral blush on top of the setting powder if you want some extra sheen on your cheeks. Add a light lip color and some light mascara for a really natural summer look. Here are my favorite choices!


Artistry Signature Eyes Volume Mascara

And here is what they look like on!



I hope you guys find this tutorial helpful! It took me so long to learn how to perfect liquid makeup, and now that I have, I would never go back to pressed or loose powders! I'd love to see any makeup tips and tricks that you guys have! Do you have any suggestions for some of your makeup faves? Comment below or send me an email at cupofthoughtsandabagoftea@gmail.com

Xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous darlin, just gorgeous. This is so helpful since I want to try it! Thanks πŸ’‹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! πŸ’ Oooh I want to see if and when you do :)

      Delete