Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Simple and sleek, from head to toe

I could spend all day long following other bloggers on instagram, researching fashion blogs, and looking into the lives of other bloggers. Day in and day out I drool over the styles from J Crew, Madewell, and Anthropologie, but every time I click on the link, a dollar sign with three digits following pops up, and my jaw drops. No matter how much money I make one day, or how much I love an item, I don't think I could ever drop that much money on a piece of jewelry or a pair of shoes.

Regardless, I have an outrageous amount of clothes in my closet (all in the two digit and below range), and some of them deserve special occasions, like heels <3 So I figure...what better occasion than fashion blogging! I may only have a fence to pose in front of, and a self-timer on an iPhone 4 to run back and forth setting, but at least I can have fun, and share some reasonably priced fashion finds, and my love for pairing the perfect outfit with the right hairdo and makeup combo! Here it goes!

The Outfit








Heels: Merona Natasha Mid-Heel (color no longer available)

Boxy tees are one of my favorite looks, especially tucked into the front of some classic skinny jeans. I was so excited to find this top at H&M for under $10! And the jeans for under $20. Pairing such a casual look with some nude pointed toe heels brings it from casual to classy, but not too dressy. I love these heels because they are short and easy to walk in, and wearing them daily doesn't seem ridiculous on the streets of Seattle. And, of course, you can't pass up jewelry! This necklace was actually a homemade gift, but it's uniqueness and length were just perfect for this outfit. It's a ticking clock with roman numerals, and a few other dangly add-ons. I chose this wallet because it adds a simple pop of color, but all the blues are different shades, so it works! Also, I'm a Nine West lover, so it was kind of a necessity.

The Accessories


Wallet: Nine West treasures zip around wallet (this color no longer available)

The Lips


Let's be honest, the red lip goes with anything. I use any excuse I can to put that stuff on. It makes me feel bold! Lip liner is the key to perfect looking lipstick, so find a color that works with your lipstick well. If I'm lipstick shopping, Nordies is my favorite. They have the cheapest MAC products that I've found, and they're always helpful with lipstick and liner combos! And, you can try the colors on at the store - BONUS. I love this color from their Heirloom Collection (it was limited edition) because it is a deep red instead of a bright cherry red.

Here is a quick speed-through of how I do a red lip. For a more in-depth look, here is the link to my red lip tutorial from ages ago! Here's the jist - liner...lipstick....blot...lipstick...*smack your lips*

The Eyes

If I'm doing a red lip, you can bet I'm going to pair it with winged eyeliner. But of course, the motivation to put that much time into my makeup is rare (I am not a morning person), so you know I'm doing something special if I'm wearing them. When I do, I always realize how totally worth it the time is, why? Because thick winged eyeliner looks super bad-ass when you learn how to do it right.


Here's a super quick fly-by of how I apply my liquid liner (honestly, the Artistry liner makes it easy, I'm not talented at all), if you guys want an actual step-by-step tutorial, let me know!


This stuff is the BOMB. Today, while wearing it, my friend actually asked me if I had false lashes on...score!

The Hair

For the perfect tousled up-do, flip your hair upside down, spraying hairspray into it as you rough it all up! Pull it into a messy ponytail, and fluff your ponytail with some more hairspray.


I hope you guys enjoyed this styled look! Where do you get your bargain fashion finds? I'd love to know, if it isn't a secret of course ;)

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment