Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Sleeves of my sweater

My fashion obsession - big, loose, cozy, fuzzy, flowing, over-sized sweaters <3 They look good with lots of looks, they make you feel like you're rolling around in a huge cozy robe all day, and they look good on everyone! You can wear them at home with jammies and you feel comfy all day, or you can pair with some cute accessories for a simple look that doesn't require much thought or effort! If I'm going to pull off a really big sweater, I like to pair it with something form fitting or something that shows off my legs, since it doesn't give the top half of the body much shape. I was so excited to find this big mint sweater at Urban Outfitters last fall on clearance for $20 (usually $80), it's one of my closet favorites!

The Look

This evening I was listening to Sweater Weather by the Neighbourhood, and all I could think of was putting together a look with a big baggy sweater, and that's exactly what inspired this look.







Sweater: Urban Outfitters / Alternative
Skirt: Mossimo / Alternative
Heels: Merona / Alternative
Clutch: Express / Alternative
Necklace: H&M / Alternative

Makeup

If you see me out wearing a big sweater, you can assume it's because I didn't want to put in that much effort in the morning...so you can bet I won't be wearing much makeup. For this look, I kept my makeup nice and natural. I put on the standard liquid foundation and blush, a little bit of my favorite Artistry volume mascara, and a light coral lip shimmer from Burt's Bee's.

Eyes: Artistry Signature Eyes Volume Mascara
Lips: Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Cherry

Hair

I wanted to have my hair up since this sweater is so loose and open around the shoulders and back. I did a "half-pony". Start it like a regular ponytail, but on the last stretch of the hairband, pull the ponytail halfway through, and leave it there. Pull at the top to tighten the half-pony and it will get a little bigger and fluffier! If you have long hair and lots of loose ends popping out, grab a bobby pin or pop all the little hairs back into the hairband.


Are you guys as crazy about over-sized sweaters as I am? Do you have any closet favorites? I'd love to see them!

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment