Wednesday, May 25, 2016

10 SPRING & SUMMER BEAUTY ESSENTIALS

Happy hump day! I hope you guys are having a wonderful week, and to all my fellow students out there - I hope you're staying sane and hanging in there, we just have a couple weeks left, HOME STRETCH! Today I wanted to talk about some items that I think are absolute must-haves for the spring and summer of this year, and why I've been loving them so much. So, let's talk beauty.


Let's go ahead and start with the base of the face. In the spring and summer, I like a natural look with a dewy or luminous finish, something that makes my face look like I'm glowing from within, and not caking on the makeup. Plus, I want all the products to be comfortable and breathable for my skin, I steer away from heavier makeup products once the sun rays hit down on my face.


1. BECCA Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation // This foundation is one that you guys have heard me rave about time and time again here on the blog and over on the youtube channel. This foundation gives the skin the most beautiful, natural coverage, with a luminous finish. A little spreads a long way, and the formula is so thin and comfortable to wear. This is my go-to for spring and summer when I actually reach for a real foundation.

2. Boscia B.B. Cream // For those days when I just don't feel like wearing a foundation, or if my skin is irritated, I tend to reach for a tinted moisturizer or a B.B. Cream. My all-time favorite is the Boscia B.B. Cream in the shade light. This is so lovely for spring and summer because it has built-in SPF! The formula is self-adjusting to your skin tone, so it really does match perfectly no matter what. It feels so comfortable, gives such a light coverage, but feels hydrating on the skin while providing that extra something to even out your skin tone.

3. Estee Edit by Estee Lauder Flash Illuminator // This is a more recent product pick-up, as part of my birthday Sephora haul, which I'll link here in case you guys didn't see. I've been really loving using this over my B.B. Cream where I usually highlight and it gives the skin such a beautiful lit from within glow. On those days where I'm looking a little sunken from being up late studying, this really just brightens and lifts my complexion.

4. MAC Prep + Prime Fix+ // I feel like this is one of the most talked about products in the beauty world. I originally bought Fix+ because I had heard that it was a great setting spray, and I have mixed feelings about that. I consider this more of a hydrating and fixing spray, I don't think it prolongs the wear of my makeup whatsoever...actually. If there is ever a time where you need a refreshing spray of hydration or cooling in the summertime, spritz this all over. It is so cooling, hydrating, and it really refreshes both you and how your makeup looks. The other reason I love to use this is because it diminishes the look of any powderiness or cakiness on the skin, which is why I definitely consider it a fixing spray, wonder where they got the name... ;)



5. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder 'Ethereal Light' // Yes, I'm bringing it up again, slap me on the wrist, okay? I freaking love these powders. They are the most beautiful finishing powder in existence, I am convinced. They add a natural luminosity to the skin that just can't be duplicated with another product (in my opinion), and they don't mattify or make your skin look flat or dimensionless like some finishing powders can do. I absolutely swear by these powders, you just need to find the right one for your skin tone.

6. Urban Decay Beached Bronzer 'Bronzed' // This bronzer is life. I feel like this is the summer bronzer that I've been looking for my entire life. This is the darkest of the two shades Urban Decay offers - the first shade, 'Sunkissed' looked extremely red in undertone, which I don't find flattering on my skintone - and I'm so glad I wound up with this shade. It looks intimidating at first for a fair girl, but this bronzer is so incredibly creamy and blendable that you don't need to be afraid of it! It is matte, but it gives great dimension and a naturally sun-kissed look.

7. Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Powder 'Starlight' // The Kevyn Aucoin powders are stunning in formula, and this shade is my perfect shade for spring and summer. It is a gorgeous peachy champagne shade that blends into the skin like butter and adds the perfect natural sheen without any glitter or shimmer.


8. BECCA Beach Tint 'Dragonfruit' // I've talked about the beach tint shimmer souffle on the blog before, but never the original beach tint. These are so intensely pigmented that you'll be amazed how little you need when you first try them (you see in the video). They add a gorgeous wash of color to both the lips and the cheeks, and they smell like what they are named after. I think Dragonfruit is a shade that will work for so many skin tones, from light to dark.

9. Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Stick 'Rose Gold' // In the summertime, my eyelids sweat through eyeshadows like a beast, so I tend to avoid doing dramatic eye looks on the daily. My go-to look is to sweep a little bronzer in the crease and pop a little Laura Mercier Caviar eye stick onto the lid. This is the perfect biege-y champagne shade, and the formula of the caviar sticks is perfection. It doesn't feel sticky, tough, or pull on your eyelid at all when applying, and you can blend with your fingers or a brush, both work extremely well. I love how convenient the eye sticks are, because you just swipe them on and you are done, and you can pop it in your purse if need be!

10. Lancome Juicy Shaker 'Meli Melon' // I was SO freaking excited about the release of the Juicy Shakers from Lancome. The shade range is huge, and beautiful, as well as the scents. I went with the shade Meli Melon, which looks very intense in the bottle, but comes across very subtle when applied. This shade has some shimmer, so it adds a lot of shine and plumpness to the lips. These are made of oil and pigment, so you need to shake well before applying, but the oil is going to hydrate your lips throughout wear. These aren't going to be a long-wearing product, but they apply beautifully, moisturize, and leave a bit of a stain. AND, they smell like I could eat them (Meli Melon smells like watermelons). I'm half tempted to try them as a cheek tint as well!

I hope you guys enjoyed seeming some spring and summer recommendations. What products do you think are must-haves for spring and summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment