Thursday, May 19, 2016

UPDATE: INFLUENSTER L'OREAL EVERPURE VOXBOX

You guys have heard me talk about Influenster before, but for those of you that are new here (HELLO BY THE WAY! I'm excited to have you!), Influenster sends qualified members boxes of free products to try and review, and you can qualify too if you decide to sign up (I'll leave my link here in case you want to). About a month ago, I unboxed the L'Oreal Everpure Repair and Defend Voxbox here on the blog. I received a shampoo, conditioner, a hair mask, and a lotion from the L'Oreal line, all of which were color safe products (one thing I love about Influenster, is that they really do personalize everything for those who can actually try and review the products, for example, my colored hair). I'll link the unboxing here in case you guys want a little more info on what I received. 


L'Oreal Everpure Repair & Defend Shampoo and Conditioner // $6.99 / 8.5 fl oz // The first thing I want to get off my shoulders is how much I really dislike the packaging of the shampoo and conditioner from this line. Because the bottles are so squishy, closing the cap after use can be really irritating and nearly impossible! If you're paying $7 at the drugstore for a shampoo, I feel like the packaging at the least should be good. The product itself is good, there isn't anything wrong with either the shampoo or conditioner, but they didn't really WOW me either. My hair doesn't seem extra healthy and I haven't seen any major differences in the past month of use. One thing I did notice is that my flyaways have been out of control since I started consistently using this shampoo and conditioner! When I wear my hair up, it looks like someone rubbed a balloon all over my head, not cute.

L'Oreal Everpure Repair & Defend Lotion // $8.99 / 4.2 fl oz // This is probably my least favorite of the line, I think it is overpriced for so little product, and it didn't do anything for my hair. I feel that this is more geared towards those who style or use heat on their hair, because it is meant to protect from damage, but since I don't ever blow dry my hair post-shower, and I don't ever style my hair post-shower, it didn't do much for me except maybe a little detangling. If you're looking for a styler or detangler, I would check out this one from Enjoy instead, it's my all-time favorite!

L'Oreal Everpure Repair & Defend Mask // $8.99 / 8.5 fl oz // If I had to choose a favorite of this line, this would be the one. I love that is comes in a big tub, and the product itself made my hair very soft and easy to brush through after showering. My only complaint? You are supposed to leave it in for 5 minutes, which after having shampooed and conditioned my hair, if I wait another 5 minutes, my water gets cold, and what am I supposed to do for 5 minutes? It doesn't take me that long to shave, I'm not a bear!

As far as the whole line goes, I'll give it 4/5 cup-of-thoughts thumbs-up. They are good products, but to get five thumbs-up, you've got to wow me, and none of these products did that. Also, note that these products smell very strongly of botanicals, and they stick with you, so if you are sensitive to smell, definitely avoid these!

I'm sorry that this review was kind of a negative nancy overall, but I want to be honest with you guys. Just because products were sent to me for free to review does NOT mean that I feel obligated to like them or act like I do. I am still gushing over the Suave Coconut Oil shampoo and conditioner that I got in my first Voxbox (which costs $2.99 a pop), so these just didn't compare. I want to thank Influenster for sending these products my way to give you guys an idea of what they are like and give me a chance to try some color safe products! 

What are your favorite haircare products?
FTC: All L'Oreal products mentioned were sent to me by Influenster complimentary to try and review. The above link to Influenster is a referral link.

No comments:

Post a Comment