Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Casual in khaki

Happy hump day! Today I was scrolling through all of my old blogging photos trying to free up some storage, when I came across a look that I shot months ago when I lived in Seattle and never posted! I really love this look and I think it's perfect for the fall to spring transition on those nights where it's a little overcast and chilly, but not quite jacket weather. This look has some of my favorite pieces that I'm going to really miss moving into summer, so I figured this would be a good way to show them off!

The look

I knew that for this look I wanted to include my olive green Sole Society wedge booties, these are stunning and they can be dressed up or dressed down easily, as you've seen on the blog before. I love wearing these casually with cuffed jeans, so I paired them with my Madewell skinnies for a super casual look. I slipped on an oversized boxy ribbed sweater from H&M, v-neck style, tucking the very front of it into the buckle of my jeans. I rolled the sleeves up twice. I then put on my favorite vest from J. Crew. There is nothing in my closet that I love more, it's such a gorgeous piece, and every single time I wear this I get so many compliments!


Sweater: H&M // Similar
Vest: J. Crew // Similar 
Jeans: Madewell
Booties: Sole Society

Accessories

To add something simple but classy, I buckled on my Daniel Wellington watch, my go-to for anytime I'm going out. It's so simple, but it adds so much to a look, without needing anything else. I also slipped on my long Madewell knotted necklace, this just added a little more to such a simple look.

Necklace: Madewell // Similar

The hair and makeup

I have really been loving parting my hair in the middle since I colored it, because of the way the color shapes my face, so I did that for this look and made sure I straightened it as much as possible (my hair has a mind of it's own most of the time). For the makeup, I did a simple everyday brown smokey eye, keeping the entire look very neutral, and I applied a nude matte lipstick to finish off the look. When in doubt, go neutral!



I hope you guys enjoyed this look, I know it's been awhile since a fashion post. Make sure to let me know by commenting down below or giving this post a +1 if you want to see me start more fashion posts again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment