Monday, May 2, 2016

April 2016 Favorites

Happy May guys! I hope that your month of April was just swell! Today I'm posting my favorite post to do every month, FAVORITES! Because what's more exciting than talking about your favorite things? I love reading favorites posts and watching favorites videos because the people writing about them or talking about them are always so cheery talking about what they love, and starting fresh with a new month. So let's jump in!




You guys remember me talking about the Body Shop Ultra 24 Hour Hydrating Body Butter before, don't you? I raved and raved about the Cocoa Butter scent, because I have literally thought about tasting it. It smells THAT good. I'm about to hit the bottom of that container (depressing), so I thought I should find love in another scent, and I totally did! The Clementine scent is one that I used to use back in the day, and I love it just as much as I did then. It smells like a freshly squeezed orange! A little goes a long way, and it leaves my legs feeling ultra moisturized post-shower.



This is a small sample size of a hair mask from Living Proof. It is called the Perfect Hair Day Night Cap Overnight Perfector (wow, that's a mouthful). Now this seriously gives you the perfect hair day. First thing's first, it smells freaking delicious. It is quick drying, so you can put it in dry hair and it will absorb in about 10 minutes and leave your hair looking healthy and smelling beautiful. I have been using this after showering and before brushing through my hair. It makes my hair smell lovely and the next day my hair looks shiny, feels incredibly soft, and my hair doesn't get greasy as fast as it usually does.




A skincare favorite this month has been the Boscia Pore Pudding Intensive Wash Off Treatment. This is two different types of charcoal that you mix together for the ultimate face mask - black charcoal for drawing gunk out of your pores, and white charcoal for hydration. You try and grab both colors out of the jar with either your fingers or a small spatula (which comes with the mask) and mix together on your skin using circular motions to get a dark grey colored mask. Leave on 15-20 minutes and wash off. Warning: this stuff straight up smells like an expo marker, so beware if you are sensitive to strong scents. I use this once a week and I really feel like it softens my skin and draws all the nastiness out. First use did break me out because it took all the gunk out, so keep trying it even if you don't see amazing results after first time use. 



Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue has been my go-to for my "foundation" this month. This is more of a tinted gel than a foundation because coverage and staying powder is nothing like a foundation would be. But, I've been ridiculously lazy this month, and my skin has not been a happy camper, so I love that this is lightweight and lets my skin breath. It feels like a wet gel when applied, almost a little cooling, so it is very refreshing to apply in the morning!

BECCA Beach Tint Shimmer Souffle has been the blush I've been reaching for all month long. I've been popping on my Complexion Rescue with some of this in the shade Lychee/Opal for a nice wash of flushed pink, and running out the door. I love the formula of this product and the color is perfect for spring and summer. 

Clinique Pep Start has been my favorite sample discovery through April. This is an eye serum that is meant to prep before makeup. I apply by dabbing gently under my eyes and letting it get tacky for a few minutes while I brew my mornin' cup of Jo. It really keeps my under-eyes from creasing and it makes them feel much more hydrated throughout the day.

MAC Strobe Cream is a product that I tried before and never liked, but decided to give it another go for some odd reason. I don't know what changed, but this has been something I've been reaching for every day! I apply a hydrating primer and then pop this on my highlight areas before my gel cream and it gives a natural glow that shines through that I've really been loving.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer has totally replaced my brow wiz! The end of this is a large triangular shape which makes it 10x faster and easier for me to fill in my big and bushy brows. The spooly is also much more gentle and soft on my skin. And, you get more product with this pencil, it's a win-win!

MAC Pro Longwear Eye Pencil 'Rich Experience' has been my go-to eyeliner when I feel like putting a little more effort in. I apply this as close to my lashline as possible on the outer half of my eye and slightly smudge out with a angled brush, and it just adds some definition to my eyes without being too bold. The shade is a beautiful rich brown.

L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Blush 'Bare Honey' is a product that I heard about through Estee Lalonde, and you guys know I'm only slightly obsessed with her, so she recommended it and I of course had to own it. I was wildly impressed with the formula of this drugstore blush, and the color is absolutely perfect for natural looks, a "barely there" kind of blush! It has a small amount of shimmer as well which I think is stunning this time of year.

Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder '1 Golden Light' has been my favorite bronzer this month because of it's amazing formula. To the touch it feels kind of rough, but it is incredibly pigmented and blends out like you wouldn't believe! The color gives me a perfectly matte bronzed look without any shimmer or shine!

Benefit Roller Lash has been my favorite mascara this month because it gives my lashes so much lift and curl. I've been really exhausted a majority of this month, so whatever makes me look more awake, alive, and human-looking has been a savior for me, and I attribute a large portion of that to this mascara because it really opens up my eyes.

Givenchy Rouge Interdit Vinyl Lipstick '03 Rose Mutin' has been my favorite lipstick through all of April. It offers the perfect sheer wash of pink to the lips and amazing hydration! This color is stunning on fair to light skin tones and is perfect for everyday wear.


What have your favorites been through the month of April? Comment down below with your highlights of the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment