Tuesday, May 31, 2016

MAY BEAUTY FAVORITES

Happy Tuesday! I hope you guys had a really lovely 3-day weekend. It's the last day of May which is seriously CRAZY. I don't know where this month went, but I'm glad I don't, because Jason moves back this weekend and I couldn't be more ready. Since it's the last day of May, I figured it would be the perfect time to talk about the beauty favorites of the month!


Per the usual, we'll go over bodycare, skincare, haircare, and makeup. Grab a snack and a cup of tea, because this lady had a lot she loved this month...



Jergen's Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer has been a savior for my skin this month! I'm currently on antibiotics and acne treatment to clear up my unhappy skin, and my whole body has been so dry and flakey. This is super hydrating, and it smells lovely! I'm also afraid to try self-tanner, so this was as close as it's going to get, not sure if it's done anything on that front though...



Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray has been a favorite this month because of how much texture it gives my flat, lifeless hair. I love spraying this under my roots for some extra volume, or all over my head and scrunching my hair up to add those beachy waves you get after you've been in the ocean. It also has a nice light salty smell that I find really nice.



Kiehl's Creamy Avocado Eye Treatment has saved my under-eyes from drying out like spongebob would under a heat lamp (anyone remember that scene from the Spongebob Squarepants Move? No? Just me? Awkward). I've actually been using this since last year, and I never really thought it was anything exciting or amazing, but now that my skin is ultra-dry, I can't believe I never noticed how extremely hydrating it is! I also love how gentle it is, and that it doesn't migrate into my eyes.

Borghese Cleansing Creme is something I discovered later in May (I hope that isn't cheating). Since my skin has been so dry, it has been super sensitive as well. My grandma was here about a month ago and she mentioned this cleansing creme that she has been using and loving for years and years. The angel of a human had it sent to me, which was so sweet. And, I am so in love with it! You need less than a pea-sized amount, and it really gets out all the gunk in your skin and makes you feel squeaky clean, but not just on the surface, it makes you feel deep-cleaned. It is super gentle, and it has a really nice natural scent to it too.



Too Faced Hangover Rx is a primer that I've loved for ages, and I actually talked about it in my first ever youtube video! It's silicone-free, and is made with coconut water, so it feels just like a moisturizer on the skin, and it is super hydrating. This has been so nice and gentle on my skin this month, and I think it's helped give me that extra boost of hydration.

Lorac Pro Palette has been my go-to for eyeshadow lately. When I started back at school, I stopped wearing eyeshadow almost completely, but on the days that I do reach for it (for filming videos, for presentations in class, for going out, etc.), I have been consistently reaching for my Lorac Pro. My go-to has been 'Taupe' in the crease and 'Lt. Bronze' all over the lid, such an easy look! There is such a variety of looks that you can do with this palette, and the shadows are a no-brainer. They basically blend themselves, and the pigmentation is incredible. One thing to note is that there is a lot of powder kick-up when you dab your brush into the pans, just an fyi! P.S. Tutorial with this palette coming in a couple days, keep your eyes peeled ;)

Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Blusher 'Ecstasy' has been on my cheeks almost every single day this month, I swear. This blush is absolutely stunning, it's the perfect peachy shade for fair to light skin tones, and it's just stunning for spring and summer months. These blushes are incredibly smooth and pigmented, and the lasting power is amazing, I swear by this formula! I want more of them but they are ESPENSIVE as Ricky Ricardo would say.

NARS Lip Gloss 'Chelsea Girls' has been such an easy my-lips-but-juicier product. The formula of NARS glosses is amazing because it doesn't feel tacky at all, it feels comfortable to wear and hydrating, which is hard to find in a gloss. This is a true peachy nude, and it goes with every single look, and I've been reaching for it all month long before I head to campus, it just gives me that extra something that makes me look sort of put together (even though I'm definitely not).

LOUD Makeup Bent Eyeliner Brush is something I seriously don't know why I didn't discover earlier. I've had their brush set for months and months now and I just never reached to try this brush. It looks like a detail pencil brush, but it is completely bent at the end, and this is the most amazing liquid eyeliner brush I have ever laid my hands on. I will never again use another angled eyeliner brush in my life. If you struggle with liquid liner, get a gel liner and this baby, and you'll have talent you never knew you had in ya.

Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani Blush Palette is something I've talked about in favorites before, but there's one shade in particular in this palette that I have been loving this month, and that's the shade Cherry. It's a really gorgeous cool pink, almost like a Barbie pink. It looks very intense when swatched, but it goes on the skin very subtly. Beware though, it definitely won't show up on anyone darker than a light skin tone! This shade reminds me of how my cheeks would naturally flush if I went on a brisk walk, and I think that's why I find the shade so flattering on my skin.

Urban Decay Beached Bronzer 'Bronzed' might have become my new favorite bronzer...I know...that's a bold statement. But this stuff is freaking beautiful. The packaging is stunning and so summery, the formula is pure gold I swear. It's silky smooth, blends beautifully, and it gives the skin the most gorgeous glow (which I don't understand since it's matte...SORCERY I TELL YOU)!

Makeup For Ever Pro Sculpting Palette has two shades in it that have been in my routine a lot this month. I originally got this palette because I really wanted to try out a cream contour (irony - I haven't contoured in ages). But, the shimmering highlight shade and the blush in this cream palette are so stunning. The blush is a gorgeous coral shade, perfect for spring and summer, and the highlight is a gorgeous golden champagne shade that looks super natural on the skin. The formula of these cream products is amazing, they feel very thick at first, but once touched with the warmth of your skin, they turn much smoother and they blend super nicely. I have the palette in the shade '20' which is for light skin tones, and they do carry darker shades as well.

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment 'Tulip' is something my mom and I both have been loving all month long! I talked about this in my mini Sephora haul post, which I will link here in case you missed it. I have super picky lips, and they've been loving this stuff! It is comfortable to wear, and very hydrating, and the color is perfect for everyday wear. It gives my lips the perfect wash of natural pink. AND, it smells like pink lemonade!

Benefit GimmeBrow is a product I've used and loved for ages, I always use my ABH brow products and then top off with this just to set my brows and add some fibers. But, this month I've been skipping on filling in my brows and I've been just using the GimmeBrow, and I have been loving it! It adds a little extra something to my brows, but it looks super natural. This is a product I highly recommend.

MAC StudioFix Chromographic Pencil has been a savior for my tired eyes this month. I've been exhausted lately with school and work, and you can see it in my eyes. This flesh colored pencil (NW15/NC20 is the shade I have) is what I've been putting the waterline of my eyes and it really brightens my eyes and makes me look more alert. It has other uses that I love too, like covering up problem areas where you need some extra coverage, or outlining your lips to make them look more full.

OKAY. I'm done. I think this was the longest favorites post I've ever done! I hope you guys enjoyed, and make sure to comment down below on what your beauty favorites were from the month of May.
Do you guys think I should do a non-beauty favorites post this month? I skipped on it last month, and I'm torn on doing it or not this month...

No comments:

Post a Comment