Monday, January 19, 2015

Chicken Pot Pie Turnovers

     Lately I've been trying to take up some new hobbies to destress from school, and my favorite way of doing this has been trying lots of new recipes to see if I can build up my recipe binder. Just the other night I tried a recipe from Pinterest that I've been wanting to try for months and I had to share because it turned out incredible!

     I don't know about you guys...but I have a freaky obsession with pot pie. And, if you by chance live in Bellingham, you are missing out if you haven't tried ManPies downtown, their pot pies are the best I've ever had. Anyways, I'm getting off track.

     I thought a recipe for pot pie would be expensive and difficult, but these cost me $10 or under to make and the only tedious part was the crust. Totally worth the hassle too!


     Here is how mine turned out....


     They're a great winter comfort food! My only suggestion would be to buy two boxes of pie crust...the recipe says it makes 10 turnovers and I could only roll out enough pie crust for 7. Then again, I'm cheap and didn't want to go buy a rolling pin so I made due with a beer bottle (maybe that was the issue...). The plus about having only 7 turnovers was that I had a bunch of extra filling, so I used it for soup leftovers, yum!

     If you guys try these, let me see how yours turn out! Or, do you have any great recipes you can share with me? I'd love to add some more to my book :)

No comments:

Post a Comment