Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Edible Cookie Dough (Egg-Free)

Can you guys tell I have a sweet tooth? Disclaimer: it is midterm week, I'll eat anything with chocolate or sugar you put in front of me.

One of my favorite traditions of the week is sitting down with my boyfriend every Monday night to eat out of a tub of cookie dough while we indulge in our biggest guilty pleasure: The Bachelor. (Don't tell him I told you). I'm also a food freak, so the raw egg in dough has always wigged me out a little, and cookie dough tubs get expensive!

This week I came across a recipe for egg-free cookie dough and thought I'd give it a try. Verdict: YUM. It takes a total of about two minutes to make and is delicious! I like it best refrigerated, but Jason can't wait, so he eats it right when I'm done making it. It's considered a serving of two...but I don't agree with that, so maybe prepare to double your batch!

What you'll need:
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp milk
2 tbsp chocolate chips (or 3, 4, you know, whatever...)
5 tbsp flour
2 tbsp melted unsalted butter

Directions:

1. Mix butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla in a small bowl.


2. Mix in the milk.

3. Mix in flour one tablespoon at a time until you reach desired consistency.


4. Add in chocolate chips (or anything else sweet, like m&ms!)


5. Try and keep it for yourself, good luck!

Credit recipe to: http://www.familyfreshmeals.com/2014/04/edible-cookie-dough-recipe-two.html

Let me know what you guys think! Any fun and simple sweet tooth cures for me? I'd love to hear! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment