Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Review of January Birchbox

     Hey everyone! In November I kept hearing all this Black-Friday hubbub about Birchbox, so I thought I'd look into it. I've done monthly subscriptions before, and it usually just ends up being dangerous as hell and not so great (in my experiences). Birchbox has totally changed my mind...

     For those of you who haven't heard of it, Birchbox is a monthly beauty box subscription. You build an account with your "beauty profile", filling out your hair and skin type, skin shade, as well as what you'd like to receive in your boxes. It is $10/month (a total steal!), and you get five samples! The past two months I've gotten six and seven samples just because Birchbox is the best!
   
     They always have great deals going on to get extra samples if you are ordering products, and you can get points for reviewing the items you've received, which turns into actual account money after 10 reviews ($10)! The samples aren't huge, but they're usually really long lasting (I've been using my mascara sample every day for two months and its still thriving)! All the items that come in your box are personalized for you based on your beauty profile. You get an email when your box ships and you can look up your tracking number at any time. You can do month-by-month or a yearly subscription to save a few bucks. It's a little surprise every month! And if you follow them on Instagram, they'll give you sneak peeks into what could be in your box at the beginning of every month.

     So, if I convinced you to give it a try after my rant on Birchbox's awesomeness, here's the link to get your subscription started: https://www.birchbox.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=birchbox&utm_campaign=brand%2520-%2520desktop%2520-%2520core&gclid=CjwKEAiAxNilBRD88r2azcqB2zsSJABy2B96zMLhLHdZJN2OmFNyiAx63AwAlJY1TfDrmwEGTvw8NhoCLiTw_wcB
   
     I recommend ordering your subscription BEFORE the 25th of the month, otherwise your subscriptions will come at kind of weird times for the next two months before Birchbox gets it all straightened out.

     If not, let me show you a peek into what I got this January! I just got it yesterday, and I already tried everything out so I could share it with you guys! This month, the theme for Birchbox is "Let's Do This!" for the New Year. They've posted a 31-day challenge on their website with tons of potential freebies if you enter yourself and ways to challenge your health, fitness, and well-being to start 2015 off right.


     Once you open your box, they always have a cute little notecard with a message on the front, and a list of your products on the back. The list tells you everything about your products and how much a full-sized version would be if you decide to purchase it!



     The first thing I pulled out was Oi Beautifying Potion. Also not listed on my sheet were two extra samples of Oi shampoo and conditioner. I tried the shampoo and conditioner the shower last night and am absolutely IN LOVE with how soft and smooth my hair was afterwards. Now...the smell is what I'm not too sure about! It's a very natural smelling product, but almost a little manly...I don't dislike it, but I'm not too keen on it. I made my boyfriend sniff my hair (the poor guy), and he wasn't feeling it either. But honestly, with how lovely it made my hair, I could care less about the smell!

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/davines-oil-absolute-beautifying-potion


     The next thing I got was Dr. Jart+ Beauty Balm. One word: YES. This stuff (which I just put on this morning as a primer) is awesome! It made my skin look brighter and rejuvenated, and I felt so moisturized! This will definitely be in my shopping cart.


     The next thing I pulled out of my box was a fragrance called "Sincerely" by Harvey Prince. I'll be honest with you guys...really not a fan. I like the idea behind the smell, a sweet Indian spice blend with clove, but it ended up being far too perfumey. If you like strong and sweet, then this is definitely the perfume for you. But for me, it ended up in the trash can.


     And now...my favorite thing this month: NAOBAY Body Radiance Lotion - AKA - the best lotion I've ever used. I put it on my legs post-shower last night and loved it! The smell is to die for. It's not super strong but has the perfect citrus, almost lemony, hint to it. The lotion itself moisturizes wonderfully, a little goes a long way! It made my legs so smooth, totally in love with this stuff.


     And, for the grand finale, I got theBalm "Stainiac". I really like the idea of this, it is a creamy balm to stain your lips or cheeks. The color was a little light for my personal taste and complexion, but it felt really nice on my lips and I am excited to give it a try on my cheeks! 


     Do you get Birchbox or any other awesome subscriptions? I always love finding out about new subscriptions or products, and I'd love to see what you guys got this month! Please email me or comment! Share your stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment