Sunday, January 25, 2015

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

For the past week, my boyfriend has been begging me to make oatmeal cookies. Midterms are just around the corner, so his sweet tooth has been growing (not saying mine hasn't too)! I went to my favorite website, my default for all goodies, and found this awesome recipe for oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that I loved so much that I wanted to share it with you guys!

Here is the link: http://www.averiecooks.com/2014/11/the-best-oatmeal-chocolate-chip-cookies.html

The link to the recipe is kind of a lot to read through, and a lot of amazing cookie photos that will make you jealous (my cookies don't look nearly as good), so if you want a short and simple version, here is mine...

What you'll need:
1 large egg
1 stick of butter, melted
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
3/4 cups flour
1 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of sea salt
1 loaded cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
Optional: 1/2 cup of raisins or nuts (I opted out on this portion)

Directions:

1. In a large bowl, add your egg, butter, sugars, vanilla, and beat on medium-high until all your ingredients are creamy and mixed.

2. Scrape the sides of your bowl with a spatula. Now add the oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and beat on low until everything is mixed.

3. Scrape the sides of your bowl with a spatula. Add your chocolate chips, and raisins/nuts if you're adding those. Beat on low until mixed.

4. Grab a baking sheet and line it with aluminum foil. Now roll your dough into the cookie size you wish, flattening the dough slightly. Once you've placed all your cookies on this sheet, pop it in the fridge and chill your dough for AT LEAST two hours, this makes for way better cookies, I promise it is worth the wait!


5. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (you can spray your pan with cooking spray instead, but I think they turn out better with parchment paper). Place your cookies on the sheet about 2 inches apart (I put 8 cookies per sheet) and bake for 11 minutes (bake longer if you like your cookies crunchy or well-done).

6. Enjoy! (If you don't live alone I suggest you create a small secret cookie compartment for your own sake)



I will admit, the dough was so good that only about half of my refrigerated dough ended up making it into the oven...

Do you guys have any sweet treat recipes you'd be willing to share with me? I'd love to add some new recipes to my book! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment