Saturday, January 31, 2015

Post-Workout Protein Smoothie

After all my baking this week, I decided I'm going to start a cleanse this coming Monday (there is NO way I'm starting a cleanse on Superbowl Sunday, that's snack day, GO HAWKS). But don't worry, I'll still have more recipes coming your way, I can never resist a cookie! I also plan on sharing my cleanse experience with you if you're interested.

I've been trying to get back at the gym, and my rule of thumb is to eat protein within 30 minutes of my workout. I've started taking protein powder, but I just can't find one that tastes good. I have some great chocolate protein powder, but mixed with water it is still a bit unsettling. So, I thought I'd try it in a smoothie to go down better, and it was to die for!

What you'll need:

Blender
1 banana*
A heaping 1/2 cup of vanilla yogurt, or one yogurt (I use Dannon Light & Fit)
1 tbsp natural peanut butter (I use Adam's 100% natural crunchy unsalted)
1 tsp honey
1/2 cup almond milk (I use vanilla flavored)
1 serving of chocolate protein powder (I use Cytosport 100% Whey, keep in mind you can always do 1 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder instead, it will still provide a ton of protein post-workout)

*This smoothie will work the best if you have a frozen banana! But it works just as well if you use a room temperature banana and add some ice cubes into your blender, that is what I do.

Directions:

Combine all your ingredients in the blender, blend to desired consistency. Enjoy!

P.S. This makes a huge serving! This recipe would be best for two unless you have a huge appetite, it makes about 24 oz., but I just have half after my workout and half an hour later.



Let me know what you think! Do you have any great protein meals you'd be willing to share? Next on my list is trying protein pancakes!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds yummy. I am gonna try it without the yogurt since I can't have dairy!

    ReplyDelete