Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Natural Skin Mask

It seems as though the chocolate and the midterm sweet tooth has been getting to me, my skin is showing it.

I've been waiting to find a great skin mask for awhile now, and I've found a few, but I'm just not willing to spend $40+ on one. It is especially hard to find beauty products that are natural and toxin-free while being affordable. I decided to give something of my own a try after doing some research on home skin remedies!

What you'll need:
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
2 tbsp raw* honey

*Raw honey is what supplies the antioxidants for this mask; you can of course use regular honey, but it doesn't supply the same benefits, because they are cooked out in regular honey!


P.S. These are just guidelines! You can try different combinations of measurements and ingredients!

Directions:

1. Measure out spices, and mix together.

2. Pour in raw honey, mix well (this may take a few minutes of folding everything together). Your substance should look something like this:


3. Apply! You can wear it for whatever time you wish, but my suggestion would be twenty minutes or less.


I only used about half of my mixture and I tried to apply it as evenly as possible. Make sure you pull your hair back as tightly as you can, or you'll get honey everywhere (learn from my mistakes)! If you start to feel anything uncomfortable when you're wearing the mask, remove it immediately. I would suggest that you use this no more than once a week, skin irritation is really common if people exfoliate or wear masks too often. 

Don't be alarmed if your face is a light rosy pink or red after the mask is removed, mine did the same. My skin was really soft and noticeably cleaner the next day! I loved it!

The reason this mask works so well is because of the natural ingredients and what they do individually for skin care. Raw honey is an antibacterial, so it is great for acne treatment even on its own. It is also filled with antioxidants, thus great for anti-aging. Honey is also a natural moisturizer, so it won't leave your skin feeling dry and crusty like some masks do. It opens your pores, unclogging them and clearing your skin. Cinnamon brings oxygen to the skin, declogging your pores and it can also help reduce acne scars. It is still a bit of a mystery why nutmeg works as such a great natural skin care ingredient, but it is well known for increasing the health and appearance of skin. It reduces puffiness and irritation, reduces marks and acne scars, and hydrates your skin. Having these spices as a blend also creates a nice exfoliating feature.

I hope you guys give this a try! Let me know if you love it as much as I did! Do you have any natural beauty remedies or ideas for me? Please contact me or comment below and share! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment