Thursday, January 29, 2015

Snickerdoodles

Right when I thought the sweet-tooth was over, the stress of getting midterms back set in, and now I'm back on the cookie kick.

Now, for my favorite cookie recipe. I've always loved snickerdoodles, but I've never found a recipe where the dough tasted almost as good (if not better) than the cookie, but this one is it! When I was looking for a perfect snickerdoodle recipe, I of course defaulted to my favorite sweet-tooth website, Averie Cooks, and I've been baking way too much since I found this website...

Here is the link to the original recipe: http://www.averiecooks.com/2014/09/the-best-snickerdoodles.html

Like I said in my last cookie post, there's a lot of information (it's great stuff) in the link, but if you just want a simple go-to for the recipe, I've re-written a shorter, simple version.

What you'll need:
For the cookies -
1 stick of unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 tsp sea salt

For rolling -
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp cinnamon

Directions:

1. To a large bowl, add the butter and sugars and beat on medium-high until well-mixed.

2. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add egg and vanilla. Beat on medium-high until fluffy.

3. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Beat on low until mixed.

4. Place rolling ingredients (sugar and cinnamon) into a small bowl and mix, place this bowl off to the side for later.

5. Place aluminum foil on a baking sheet. Roll your dough into small balls and place on the cookie sheet, flattening them slightly. I like my cookies sort of small, so I ended up with about 20 cookies. Place this sheet in the fridge to chill for AT LEAST 1 hour.


6. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll each ball of dough in your cinnamon and sugar mixture to your liking. Try and space your cookies about 2 inches apart, this allows for 8 cookies per baking sheet. 


7. Let bake for 8-9 minutes for a nice and gooey cookie, or a bit longer if your like your cookies crunchy, but keep in mind that they will harden as they cool. 

8. Enjoy! 


I usually end up having at least half of my cinnamon and sugar mixture leftover, so I like to keep it in an old spice jar so I can use it for the next time I make snickerdoodles (the next day probably, these are wicked good).  

   

I hope you are enjoying these awesome recipes! Let me know if you'd like to see more, or if you'd like to see less of them! Hopefully you love these as much as I do! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment