Saturday, October 24, 2015

A girl drowning in her sweater

My favorite kind of sweater? If they're meant to be fitted but I like the style or color, I reach for an XL. If they're labeled 'over-sized', I'll still reach for a M-L. I like the kind that I need to roll the sleeves up three times just so they fit at my wrists. I like the kind that I can't tuck in because there's so much fuzzy fabric everywhere. I like the kind that I can pull over my face if it's chilly out. I like the kind that I can roll my sleeves down once and use them like mittens to keep my hands warm too. I like all sweaters, but I love big, baggy, comfy, over-sized, shapeless sweaters. And my favorite way to wear this big, baggy sweater? With a dainty little skirt. This makes the big, shapeless, cozy, piece of fuzz have a hint of femininity. It's like the perfect balance of what you want to wear to bed in the winter, and what you want to wear out to a dinner dinner. Sounds weird, huh? Well, let me show you...

The outfit

Okay, if you need to go sweater shopping, H&M might be your place. It's where I've found almost all of my sweaters that aren't consignment because they are super reasonable, and most of them (the ones that aren't 100% itchy acrylic), are super soft and cozy. All my sweaters from H&M are really soft and comfortable, and I've found all of them for under $25. They have a huge selection too, so it won't be hard to find at least one you like. Forever 21 is a good place for cheap ones, but I really just don't like the quality of their stuff, in all honesty. If you want fancy, super soft, super nice sweaters, the place to go is Madewell, but you have to be willing to drop major money (check retailmenot.com for coupons and sales every once and awhile, that's where I do all my couponing).

I absolutely love the color of this sweater, it's like a super light mauve and it's amazing. Even though it's huge and shapeless, I feel like the color alone makes it girly, and adding a black chiffon skirt makes it even more so. I just slightly tucked the bottom of the sweater into the top of my skirt to give the sweater some more shape. I paired it with my Steve Madden Eleanorr flats in black suede (OBSESSED with these).










Sweater: H&M
Chiffon skirt: I made it / Alternative

The accessories

I added a gold watch, some crystal bangles, a black quilted clutch with gold accents, and it was a perfect, effortless fall look, but still super cozy! Perfect for going and getting a coffee out.


Watch: Nordstrom BP
Clutch: H&M / Alternative

The hair & makeup

As always, I put on black liquid liner, this time MAC fluidline instead of my normal Artistry automatic. I put the liner over MAC paint pot in stormy pink, to match my sweater. Lastly, I put on MAC lipstick in the shade plumful. It's a lustre finish, so it adds a little shimmer to the lips, and is really moisturizing. It's a perfect, natural fall shade, and it doesn't dry out your lips like matte finishes tend to. One downside of a lustre finish is that it won't last nearly as long.

For my hair, I took back the front section from each side of my head, and bobby pinned directly in the back center of my head. Bobby pins are the best because you can create shapes and patterns with them to make them look nice, like a bobby pin triangle, for a nicer, cleaner look. And, it's such an easy way to keep the hair out of your face!



Eyeliner: MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
Eyeshadow: MAC Paint Pot in Stormy Pink
Lipstick: MAC lipstick in Plumful

How do you like to dress up cozy fall sweaters? What is your favorite type of fall sweater and your favorite place to find them?

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment