Thursday, October 29, 2015

Not so put together

Sometimes I wake up in the morning feeling like...eh, I don't really feel like putting the effort in today. I know you know those days too. But, you still want to walk out the door feeling confident and presentable, right? On those days, I go for messy hair, comfortable clothes, sneakers, and find some way to spruce it up and make it look good.

The look

Since it's finally getting to be sweater weather, I couldn't deny my urge to wear my big, boxy, rib-knit cardigan. I got this sweater forever ago when it was on clearance for dirt cheap, and I regret to tell you that they got it back in stock and it's way too expensive now, I'll link something similar for cheaper below! For this look I also wanted a pair of jeans that weren't too tight or uncomfortable, so I went for my perfect fall jeans from Madewell. I love the look of boyfriend jeans, but the style never seems to suit me, so I like substituting jeans that are form-fitting on my waist, butt, and thighs, and a little looser from the knee down, these jeans are exactly that. Madewell is definitely more spendy, but watch for sales and they have great ones! I got these jeans for like $40, and they usually run over $120. Since I wanted to keep this look dark with neutrals, I went with a dark grey tee from Old Navy ($10!), it's super comfy, and easy to tuck into my jeans.






Jeans // Madewell
Tee // Old Navy

The Hair

Since I wanted to throw my hair up, I went with a messy bun. This hairstyle is so great for when you have greasy hair and no time to wash it. Just spray in a little dry shampoo to get rid of some of the oil, toussle up your hair with some texturizing or shaping spray, throw it up, toussle one more time and you're good to go!

Hairspray // Paul Mitchell

The makeup

I don't usually like to make my eyes dark or smoky because it tends to make my dark under-eyes look even darker, my skin paler, and my whole face a little ghostly. But, since I was going for a dark and easy look, I decided to go for an easy eyeliner trick. Here is a little time-lapse video (turn on your volume for music!) so you can see my routine, with the steps and products listed out below!

Foundation 'beige 300' // Mary Kay
Corrector 'light bisque' // Bobbi Brown
Concealer 'beige 1' // Mary Kay
Highlighting pen 'beige 1' // Mary Kay
Beautyblender 'original' // Beautyblender
Pressed powder 'dark plus' // MAC
Bronzing powder 'refined golden' // MAC
Mineral blush 'dainty' // MAC
Eyeshadow palette 'revealed 2' // Coastal Scents
Eye pencil 'ebony' // MAC
Mascara 'xtension plus' // Marcelle

The steps:

1. Apply foundation with beautyblender
2. Apply corrector to under-eyes with fingers
3. Apply concealer under eyes and on spots with beautyblender
4. Apply highlighter to cupid's bow, below lip, center of nose, center of forehead, and upper cheekbone
5. Blend highlighter liquid with beautyblender
6. Apply pressed powder as a contour to hollows of cheeks, under jawline, on hairline, and sides of nose
7. Apply bronzer over contouring, along with places you would be sun-kissed in summer
8. Apply blush to apples of the cheeks
9. Apply shimmering highlighting powder over highlight areas
10. Apply matte white / cream powder under eyebrows as highlight
11. Apply black eye pencil in wing shape to eyelids*
12. Smudge pencil with fingers
12. Apply more pencil where needed
13. Apply black matte shadow in waterline and under eyes
14. Apply light cream / pinky shade of shimmering eyeshadow near tear ducts on inner corner
15. Curl eyelashes
15. Apply mascara
16. Spritz setting spray and wave your skin dry for a few seconds

*Beware, this MAC eye pencil is very smudgy. I only use it when going for this look. As regular eyeliner it smears very easily and migrates, making for messy eyes!

The hair & makeup look


Lipstick 'kitty' // ModelCo

The accessories

These quilted slip-on sneakers are a perfect comfy, but cool addition to an outfit. They can dress down a chiffon dress, or cool up a leather jacket, they're great with anything!


Mug // Starbucks
Slip-ons // Steve Madden

What do you throw on when you're feeling lazy in the AM? What are your effortless look favorites and easy go-to makeup tricks? Comment below! <3

Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment