Sunday, October 11, 2015

Not your ordinary flats

For months I've been following bloggers who all share one similar accessory in their closet - lace up flats. This has been a trend I've wanted to follow since I first saw them. Every blogger listed their links at the bottom of their posts, but the flats were from Barneys, the Aquazzura Christy Lace-Up Flat. Only $675. No big deal. Just over 2 months of groceries. I've been looking for a decent dupe for these for awhile now, with no luck. I found some dirt cheap ones online at a few places, but that didn't cut it for me, since my feet are basically the feet of an 80 year old woman and I need way more support than a $20 shoe can provide. So last week, I was taking another chance and searching beloved Google for the millionth time, and something came up...I pinched myself, blinked aggressively a few times, and freaked out a little bit.

Steve Madden, black suede, long laces to ankle wrap, pure perfection. So I did it. And a week later these beauties came in the mail, and they were even more perfect than I expected. And a lot less than $675 ;)

The day look

These flats are so feminine, I wanted to pair them with a feminine shade, so I went with one of my go-to colors, blush! I slightly cuffed my fave H&M skinnies and front-tucked my blush sweater. I put my DIY bralette underneath, since the sweater is a little wider in the shoulders, so the black lace would just slightly peek through! This gave me a super feminine, but still casual look for the day.



Jeans: H&M
Sweater: Maurices / Alternative

The night look

For a night out, I wanted something that would make this even more feminine, to pair with the ballet look, but also warmer, since the nights are starting to get chillier. I thought a long cream cardi would pair perfectly with the blush sweater, give the perfect touch of femininity, and a good amount of warmth. 


Sweater: BDG / Alternative

The accessories

Flats: Steve Madden
Necklace: Forever 21 / Alternative
Crossbody bag: H&M

The hair & makeup

Because of the simple cream and blush tones in this look, I wanted to keep my makeup nice and clean. I went with a light pink lipstick from MAC, black winged liner with no mascara on my lashes, and my normal face routine of foundation, concealer, setting powder, and blush. It was meant to look effortless and natural. I pulled my hair up into a pony, and on my last loop of ponytail holder, I stopped my hair halfway there, making it look like a big loop. I tightened at the top of the holder, and tucked any loose ends in with either the hairband or bobby pins.



Liquid liner: Artistry
Foundation, concealer, blush, powder: Mary Kay
Lipstick: MAC 'Please Me'

What do you think of these feminine lace-up flats? Do you have any feminine faves?

Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment