Saturday, October 10, 2015

Fall booties

Favorite part of fall? I can't name one. Warm food, fall leaves, warm cups of tea, cuddling, movie marathons, I could go on forever. Favorite part of fall fashion? I can't name one. Chunky sweaters, slouchy hats, fleece-lined leggings, I could go on forever. But one of my favorite parts of fall fashion? BOOTS. Last season I was in love with tall boots, but this season, it's the booties. I still love me a good pair of tall, fall boots, but this season the Chelsea style booties have my love.

I was at DSW the other night briefly glancing to see if they had any non-slip shoes for my job, and I decided to casually walk down the boot aisle, you know, while I was there...totally harmless. No bad intentions whatsoever. You know that moment when you see an item just calling your name? It was that moment. The boots glowed like they'd fallen from Heaven. I was about to leave without them, and Jason saw me frantically glancing around while he was buying himself a belt. He asked me what was wrong, and I told him I was just thinking about these beautiful boots, but how I didn't want to spend money. He told me "just go for it", but I wouldn't let myself. He told me he wasn't leaving till I tried them on. I slipped them on my feet and they were even more perfect than before. Perfect fit, perfect feel, just perfect. I put them back in the pile and walked away. He grabbed the shoes, speed-walked to the register, and bought them for me before I could say a word. What a guy. Now I'm freaking out about sharing these booties with you guys!

The look

I wanted a neutral on top since these boots have such a unique shade to them. I went with my $10 grey boxy Old Navy crew-neck t-shirt with side slits. I love that this shirt has shape and structure to it, but still has the boxy look! It's super comfortable, goes with anything, and was dirt cheap! I have never really been an Old Navy fan, but I was pleasantly surprised when I went into the Northgate location a few months ago. They have a lot of must-have basics for great prices, and some cuter, more spendy, more trendy items as well! I will definitely be back.






Jeans: H&M
Shirt with side slits: Old Navy / Alternative

The booties

The secret to keeping your skinnies tucked into boots? Tuck your skinnies into a pair of socks to keep them in place, this way they won't ride up and create awkward bunching outside your boots!

I love the shade of these boots so much. They're a perfect mix of deep red burgundy shade with a deep purple. And the navy on the side is the perfect combination! The pull tab on the back is a chelsea boot signature, and makes them easy peasy to slip on. 



The hair & makeup

Since this look is a little more dark and edgy, I wanted some darker lips and an edgy hairstyle. I put my hair half-way up, and twisted it into a bun at the back of my head. This is such a great hairstyle, especially for when you're running out the door, because it only takes a second, works wonders on greasy hair or a bad hair-day, and it still looks put together. I used volume mascara on my upper lashes for several layers, as well as coating my lower lashes with mascara (which I rarely do). I put on black liquid liner as well. I didn't use lipstick for this look, just lip liner, to make my lips last all day, and look super deep and bold.



Lip liner: MAC Heroine
Mascara & liner: Artistry

What are your fall fashion favorites and what do you like to pair them with? What's on your fall fashion wishlist?

Xo

2 comments:

  1. Love the look! Also love the height and color of the boots. Perfect for this time of year!
    Xx Hanna | www.fashionablyshort.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much girly! I'm definitely going through that phase of obsession for a new purchase ;) Can't wait to check out your blog dear! Thanks so much for the comment <3

      Delete