Thursday, October 8, 2015

Comfy cute

We all have those days where we want to look cute walking out the door, but there's a lot of walking or errands involved for the day, so we have to be comfortable too! The best way to do this? A simple, sleek pair of breathable, comfortable sneakers, paired with some cuffed skinnies and a neutral top, with a big tote bag for carrying all your goodies for the day!

For awhile there, Nike Rosche was the comfortable, casual shoe to go for. Now, they're harder to find! A lot of places are sold out as far as I found when I was looking for a pair. When I was looking for a simple, black and white pair of sneakers, I came across Nike Kaishi. Little secret tip: If you wear 8.5 in women's or below, you can buy youth sizes for way cheaper! It's a size and a half difference. I'm an 8.5W and purchased a 7Y, they fit perfectly and were $30 cheaper than the women's style of the same shoe. The Kaishi are mesh upper, so they are really breathable and great for walking around a lot during the day, they keep my feet from getting sweaty and overheated. The sole is more comfortable than Nike's I've ever owned. Yay for comfy cute sneakers!

The look

First, I put on my favorite dark skinnies from H&M. I slipped on my comfy Nike's, grabbed my big 'shopper' tote bag, and threw on a simple, cozy, grey sweater from H&M. The outfit is completely comfortable, effortless, and still super cute!











Jeans: H&M
Sweater: H&M
Sneakers: Big 5 (Nike)

The hair & makeup

To add a little femininity to such a simple outfit, I went with my favorite - a bold red lip. I lined my lips with MAC Brick liner, then topped with limited edition MAC Salon Rouge lipstick. I lined my eyes with Artistry Signature Eyes Automatic Liquid Liner, and put Artistry Volume Mascara on my upper lashes. I did the rest of my face as I do my usual foundation and blush routine, which you can find in my face makeup tutorial! I threw my hair up in a high messy bun so I could run out the door as quickly as possible, and as effortlessly as possible. And of course, there's never a bad time for hot chocolate in an Anchorman mug ;)



Tote bag: H&M / Alternative
Anchorman mug: Urban Outfitters / Alternative
Studs: H&M
Lipstick: MAC Salon Rouge / Alternative
Lip liner: MAC Brick
Liquid liner: Artistry

Do you have any comfy OOTD faves? I'd love to hear about them!

Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment